Evaluation

Hi hi!!! Sorry that I didn't really update yesterday and today. I was feeling sick and I am lazy. Haha. Its time for a new chapter!! I don't remember exactly what chapter we are at right now... I am very forgetful... Okay let's start!! 

------------------------------

Mark's POV

"Ma.. Mark oppa..."-Mina

Mina slipped just now and I broke her fall to protect her. Our faces were inches away. I stared into her brown eyes. Although they were hidden behind the thick rims of her glasses, they were beautiful. They were a big factor of why I liked her. She always had a glow in them. She looked at me innocently and I glanced through her features. I hope time will stop now. My heart was beating so fast that it was about to pop out. I quickly snapped back to reality and stood up. My face blushing to a red hot. I helped her up and brought her to the sofa. We both sat at each end. I glanced towards her and find her blushing as well. She was biting her lips and was even sweating. She is so innocent.

"You are so cute..."-Mark muttered and smiled to himself.

"Huh? What?"-Mina

"Nothing..."-Mark said being embarrassed.

-------------Fast forward to end of Feb 2015-------------

It is finally time for the monthly evaluation!! It is the time where trainees get to show how much they have improved. Trainees that are able to prove themselves are able to get promoted and introduce themselves as SM rookies. Trainees that are not performing well will get kicked out of the company. It is a harsh reality we have to face even though most of us are still kids, and this is why it is so competitive in here. The SM rookies are those who are most probably going to debut in the future.

"I am so nervous!!"-Mina

"Don't worry! You will do fine! You are already a new favourite among the teachers. As long as you maintain your standard, you will do well."-Fiona said reassuringly.

----------------------------

Mina's POV

It is my first monthly evaluation and it is so nerve wrecking!! What if I don't pass through!?!? I have waited so long for this opportunity and I cannot fail! I have given up so much to be here. I calmed myself down and waited for it to begin... Fingers crossed.

"Let's begin the monthly evaluation! Each one of you will perform a solo first. After we come back from the break, you guys will show us your group works. Okay? May the odds be ever in your favour! (A/N: LOL this is really random but if you think about it, its pretty similar right?)"-Ms Rinhi

"First up! Jeno!"-Ms Rinhi

The music played and he started to dance really powerfully. He was very charasmatic and showed a really good performance. No wonder he is a SM rookie... I didn't really have a chance to see the boys skills as we always practised differently and I had a special schedule from the others. All the girl trainees were literally gawking at him. I laughed at that internally. 

Next up was Mark. I was really looking forward to his performance. The music started and he started to dance. Wait... is it me or there are bokeh lights shining on him??? Every move he made was right on point and he gave out an attracting aura. I felt my breathing stopped every time he looked at me. Did he? He was also gawked at... I laughed again.

Next up was Dong Hyuk. Followed by Fiona unnie, Jae Min and Yuna. One by one, the other trainees went up  and I was the last one since I am the newest trainee. I made by way to the front of the room, bowed and introduced myself.

"Hello. I am Heo Mina and I am 14 this year."-Mina

I looked down to the audience aka the other trainees, they all gave me glaring stares. I was a bit shocked by it. Then, I unconsiously looked at Mark oppa. He gave a reassuring smile and made a silly face. I silently chuckled, deep down, I was thankful that he helped me. Again. Then, the teacher asked me if I was going to dance or sing.

"I am going to sing Bye by Tae Yeon sunbaenim."-Mina

It was my one of my favourite songs and although it was supposed to be sang between lovers, I could relate it to my family and friends back in Singapore. I missed them so so much. This song was playing in my head when I left them. Everytime I hear this song, my heart hurts. The music started playing and I started to sing.

---------------------------

Mark's POV

I could see Mina was getting nervous and I made a silly face to help her relax. She started to sing and once again, I was amazed. Her voice is so melodious. When I heard her singing, she was putting so much emotion. She didn't have to use many skills. Her feelings were transcended by her voice which made a simple song sound so... painful. This is probably the best skill that I singer can have. I could feel a hint of pain in her voice and her eyes were giving out a sad glow. Does she still like that guy? That guy who treated her so badly... Is she still feeling the pain? Does she still have feelings for him? I felt my heart dropped when I thought of that.

After the song, we had a break and we were all rehearsing in each of our groups one last time. I was in a group with the usual other 3. Jeno, Jae Min and Dong Hyuk. I looked at Mina at the other corner of the room. She has her earpiece on and was singing her song. She is in a group with Yuna and Fiona noona. They were practising so seriously. I never left my eyes of her. She looked even more charming when she is serious. 

"Isn't Mina beautiful?"-Jeno

"Yes. She is."-Mark said without thinking.

"Wait... what?"-Mark said alarmingly.

The other boys were gathering around him and looking at him.

"You missed your part, hyung."-Dong Hyuk said laughingly. I realised that we were rehearsing the song previously.

"We all know that you like her. It is so obvious!"-Jae Min said cheekily.

"Yah! Jae Min! Even you!! Ughhh!"-Mark

"Mark hyung. I don't want to lie to you. I like Mina as well."-Jeno

Mark turned his head towards Jeno.

"What?!?! You like her?"-Mark

"Yes! I like her!"-Jeno

Just then, Ms Rinhi came in and we all went into our places. I looked at Jeno with glaring eyes. He is my best friend, my brother, yet he likes Mina as well?!?! This thought burned in my mind. I looked at Mina and she was smiling towards her friends. I will never give you up. Never.

"First up! Group 1. Mark, Jeno, Jae Min, Dong Hyuk."

The music started and we danced.

After the song, Ms Rinhi looked at us disappointedly.

"You guys are all over the place! What happened?"-Ms Rinhi said, shaking her head.

I looked at Mina and she looked at us with disappointed eyes. When she saw me looking at her, she immediately brightened into a smile. I saw Jeno looking at her beside me as well. I clenched my fist.

---------------------------

Its boring right? Sigh, I think I lost my touch... I will find it back soon!! I think this chapter is bit longer? Haha... ^^ Actually, I didn't have Jeno as Mark's rival in my plan before. But I thought i would be more interesting... (Hint...Hint: Jeno is not Mark's strongest rival yet!) So was Mina smiling to Jeno or Mark?? Read next chapter to find out!!

Recommended song of chapter: Bye (Tae Yeon). All song credits go to owner. Her voice is just!! Ughh... perfect. Doesn't her voice make your heart break? Her voice is like magic... Okay enough of fangirling.. See you next chapter!