Part 6

Lorenzo's Pov:

It was the next day and I had to get ready to go to that meeting about my release from Military School. I brushed my teeth, took a shower, and got dressed in some cargo shorts and a floral,button down, long sleeve shirt. I slipped on my Nike slides from out of my closet and went downstairs for a quick breakfast.

Just as I was pouring the milk for my cereal, the keys start jingling at the front door. Clicking is headed toward the kitchen as I assume it is my just my mom, Autumn comes in not even paying attention to me sitting at the island. She goes into the refrigerator, grabs some strawberries and sits on the tile floor, opposite of where I'm sitting. I munch on my cereal just stared at the area where she sat down.

"Autshum" I said with my mouth full of cereal.

"......" No response.

"Autumn please answer me..." I pleaded. Ugh, she still won't answer me. So I tried just continuing. " Look I'm sorry. Okay.I finally realized why...... I finally realized how it's not your fault. And I finally realized that I'm a fucking polar bear dick head for treating you like that!" I protested.

I could hear her giggle a little and that made me smile. I got up and placed my bowl in the sink and than peeked my head around the counter. She was sitting on the floor looking down at the half bitten strawberry she didn't finish. Playing with the leafy part. I sat beside her and grabbed the strawberry from her and the box. She looked up at me and tears were running down her soft cheeks, dripping onto her lap. I put my arm around her and she laid on my lap and cried. I stroked her hair and repeatedly whispered "Im sorry Baby Bee."

Autumn's Pov:

Lorenzo left about thirty minutes ago for his meeting. After the whole comforting thing in the kitchen I don't know what to feel. My mind says fuck that dumb ass, who needs him? But my heart says forgive him and let him show you the new Lo. I sighed out of thought and called up a recent friend I met at the carnival with Jacob.

The phone rang a couple of times til she picked up.

"Hello?" A sweet voice asked.

"Hey. It's me Autumn."

"Oh Hey! Wassup!?" She said excitedly.

" Um, I was wondering if we could meet up and talk...?"

" Sure. I have to watch my dog because he got out of surgery, so say meet at my place?"

"Sure." I hung up.

My phone buzzed three times. One was a text from her telling me her address. Another was from Jacob wanting to have a movie night tonight, and another one from Lorenzo. He wanted to know if I was free this afternoon. I texted back telling Jacob " OF COURSE!" I left Lorenzo's blank, until after the talk with my friend.

I arrived at the address she sent me and walked up to the door. I rung the door bell twice and she answered the door.

"Hey Tay!" I said hugging her.

"Hey Aut!" She said hugging me back. "Come on in."

I entered her home. Her house was big and really colorful. She lead me to the couch and we sat down.

" I love the livingroom."

"Thanks. I helped design it since that's what I want to do with my life." She shrugged. "So tell me. What's up?" She said drinking a cup of coffee that I assume she had earlier.

"Well. Since we aren't that close YET. I don't wanna go full in detail, but I'll give you the basics." She nodded and signaled for me to contiue. "I have this guy in my life that has hurt me deep. Just yesterday we got into this really heated argument and I couldn't take it anymore. Now just today he comforted me and kept apologizing. I wanted to believe him, but i dont know if I should. You see, he wants to see me probably this afternoon, but i needed advice before I could reply." I said.

She nodded her head and then spoke.

"It's not always easy to forgive, but sometimes when you want better from the worst, you have to take a leap of faith. Trust him to change and show you better than what he has shown you in the past. Today's always a new day to start new. Why not start today?" She protested as I nodded my head in agreement and thought about what she said. I stood up and hugged her.

"Thanks Tayanna. I'll be coming here more often."

"Anytime. I have no life so why not?" We both giggled and I heard out the door. I replied to Lorenzo's text and told him I was free this afternoon.

We decided to just meet up at millions of milkshakes and talk.

I was sitting at the table outside with a vanilla caramel snickers icecream for me and a cookie and oreo bowl for Lorenzo.

10 seconds later Lorenzo pulls up and sits down at the seat across from me.

He looks at me, smiles and takes a big spoon of his icecream.

"You wanted to talk. Then let's talk." I said licking my spoon clean.

He sighed and put his spoon down.

"I want to be friends again. I'm not just saying let's put this behind us unresolved, but atleast give me a chance to show you I really want to change. I started thinking of old times and why I did what I did." He said and looked down.

"Why?"

"Huh?" He asked looking at me through his eyelashes.

"Why did you do what you did?" I said a little louder.

He began tapping his foot and looked up at me staring me deep in my eyes. My stomach turned as I gazed at his brown eyes. I didn't like him staring at me, so I looked away.

"I blamed you for my brothers death. You were just so innocent and happy the day after he died....yeah I know. It doesn't make sense, but i was 8 and didn't think much." He said softly.

I turned my attention to him and began to speak.....

"Why didn't you j-"

.....but i was cut off.

"Why didn't I just talk to you about it? Like I said I didn't think back then. I didn't think much as I got older and knew what I was doing either." He looked into my soul again and his hand crept onto mine. "I'm really sorry Autumn. I mean that from all over my heart." He spoke with genuine meaning.

It was hard for me to say something. I don't know if he's telling the truth or if all these years was just practice for his big show. Ugh....no Autumn. Forgive and TRY to forget. I smiled at him and ate some of my icecream.

"I forgive you..."

He stood up and then got on his knee's. Grabbing my hands and putting them on my lap.

"Please give me another chance!" He semi- yelled. Can this fool hear right?

"I said I FORGIVE you Lorenzo. " I laughed.

"Oh thank god!" He stood up and pulled me up into a hug.

Then he squeezed my cheeks and pulled me into a surprising kiss. I was in shock for a while, but then started kissing back as he put his hands around my waist. I followed and put my hands around his neck as he deepened the kiss.

Jacob Pov:

I went to the store to grab a quarter amount of icecream for me and Autty's MOVE NIGHT! I was overly excited when she said yes. Just me and my bestie. I pulled up to the store and got out of my car. As I walked onto the pavement, my heart hurt so much. I felt broken and unwanted again. I went back into my car and drove home.

I kicked off my shoes and took out my middle school yearbook. There was a picture of me and Autumn in the 6th grade together by the swing set. She was sitting down as I pushed. I smiled and looked down as something dripped on the book. I wiped my hand across my cheek and it was wet. I hadn't even noticed I began crying.

"MAN UP JACOB!" I told myslef. I just couldnt....

......I thought she felt the same...

The end of this chapter!!!!!

Love Ya!

Millions of milkshakes in the photo. ...