Chapter Fifteen: Only Time Will Tell

"Something's in the air, something's in the air. It's like that feeling when you're just about to kill it. Take your last shot you know you're gonna hit it. Somethings in the air, somethings in the air. Whoa oh oh oh oh. Something big I feel it happening
Out of my control. Pushing and pulling and it's grabbing me. Feel it in my bones like. Whoa oh oh oh oh whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh. Whoa oh oh oh oh whoa. Something big I feel it happening. Oh whoa oh oh oh whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh. Whoa oh oh oh oh oh whoa. Something big."

~Something Big by Shawn Mendes~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Flashback~

Lauren finds Andy in her car. He's tired of staying home so Lauren lets him tag along. When they get to the dance, Lauren meets her boyfriend and Andy sits in the stands. He sees his bullies and walks away from the bleachers. The bullies find him and drag him to the locker room. The bullies are upset that the school called their parents about bullying. They hold Andy down in the showers and spray him with cold water. The bigger guy turns off the cold water and turns on the hot.

Andy is screaming. His screams make the building shake. The walls start to shatter, the lights bulbs burst, pipes in the locker room bend and the ceiling starts to fall. The bullies are knocked back by some kind of blast coming from Andy. The dance clears out, but Lauren runs to find Andy. She uses her powers to shield herself from falling debris. She finds Andy in the shower and grabs him to calm him down. The siblings make it out of the building.

~end of flashback~

Andy woke up sweating in his own bed. The bullies in the gym during the dance hurting him and causing him the pain of finding out his powers.

Memories flooded Andy's vision quickly. Nothing but the darkness, death, captured, and force to use Fenris rangs through him like a bee that doesn't leave you alone. Andy goes to one of the frost for advice on how to control the memories that haunt him.

The soft knock on Esme Frost door lead her to open it to find Andy standing there with his hands in his pockets. "Can I come in?" Andy asks staring towards the white floor.

Esme guided her hand for Andy to come in. "Tell me what's up?" A concerned but firm Esme asks.

Andy stayed standing as his hands were shaking. "I keep having these flashbacks of when I almost destroyed the school gym. I want them to stop, but I can't stop seeing what I did but almost hurting so many people." Andy became more shaken falling to his knees.

Esme turned her head to the side as her eyes glowed a light blue. "Stop fighting the darkness Andrew Von Strucker. Your more than a wimpy kid who was bullied by older kids. You want to show them the new you, the NEW AND IMPROVED FENRIS!"

The two other frost enter the room tilting their heads to the side as well. "You'll understand soon enough of the important of your duty same goes for Lauren as of what your prominent importance to the Inner Circle and the mutant homeland." The frost control took over Andy gaining access to his thoughts and movements.

Andy stood up, the shaking from his body completely stopped. He stood there with a smile and happiness in his eyes like nothing happened to him moments ago. "Head down to the training room, we'll go find Lauren to get her training in too." And with that Andy left the frosts room heading down to the training room.

Lauren lays in her room on her bed fast asleep. The frost take the opportunity entering Lauren's room quietly entering her mind to find a memory that haunts and scares her to this day.

The frost sisters put a different memory inside Lauren's mind of what could of happened that night she, Andy, Sage, Lorna, Fade, and Bulk left the underground back Nashville.

~flashback~

Marcos reminds everyone that they knew this would be a struggle, but they can't give up. Polaris walks in with Esme. She tells everyone that the Mutant Underground is dying. Polaris wants to build a world where they don't have to hide. She offers to take anyone who wants that too. Esme says they are there for certain mutants.

Fade and Sage stand up and join Polaris. Sage says it's a matter of survival. Andy gets up to join them and Reed stops him. Andy says the Hellfire Club is a part of their family. Reed says he won't let him go, but Andy says he's not asking. Lauren reminds him that they played X-Men because they wanted to be heroes. Andy says they aren't little kids anymore and the X-Men are gone. They try to stop him from going, but he uses his power to push them back. He apologizes. Andy says he loves them, but they can't stop him. He leaves with Polaris. Everyone watches in disbelief.

~end of flashback~

Lauren woke up sweating and in tears from the nightmare. Lauren couldn't concentrate enough on who else was in her room as she never dreamed of something that horrible in her life.

Silence filled the room completely once Lauren calmed herself down. Esme pretended like she and her sisters just entered the room by opening the door. "Lauren? What happened? Are you okay?" Three concerned frost asks.

Lauren looks up at them covering her face with her hand shaking. "I don't know what's happening to me. I keep seeing these horrible things at night that never happened or did happen. It's like I'm not in control of the darkness inside me anymore."

As the night went into morning Andy sat in the board meeting room with Lauren looking at the mysterious message that was left in their rooms that morning.