Chapter Thirteen: Taking Control

Author's Note:

Hello everyone,

So lately I've been working a lot at my job. And will be for the rest of the month of August. I start back at college on the 27, which is on a Tuesday. My only class for my first semester is only on Tuesday's for 3 hours. This book will still be updated but not as much as I'm hoping but I'll do my best. I have not lost interest in this book I promise. For now my plan is too have a chapter up at least once a week pending on how work and school is going.

~enjoy~

---------------------------------------------------------

"Many times I cried alone. Always I'm surprised how well you cut my feelings to the bone. Don't want to leave you really. I've invested too much time to give you up that easy. To the doubts that complicate your mind. We belong to the light, we belong to the thunder. We belong to the sound of the words we've both fallen under. Whatever we deny or embrace for worse or for better. We belong, we belong, we belong together."

~We Belong by Pat Benatar~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The morning after getting Lauren back, the Strucker siblings spent the day with Lorna and her baby girl Dawn out in the city to relax and no worry about the new three recruits Reeva brought to the Inner Circle.

Three powerful mutants of the Inner Circle didn't feel safe there anymore after how much they lost and gained over the period of time they've been there. Fenris was growing stronger every minute it seemed like and the daughter if Magneto wasn't sure how she could protect her family and more importantly all mutants.

Lauren quietly looks at her food barely touching it or taken a bite of it. Andy was feeling the same exact way, Lorna could tell something was off and wrong. "Everything okay? You haven't touched your food, I know I sound like your mom or a mom but I am worried about the both of you and your health." Lorna looked at them giving a soft smile.

Lauren looked up from her plate. "Lately it feels like Andy and I aren't only in our dreams." The smile from Lorna face slowly faded.

"It feels like someone is trying to control our dreams and want us to be in the darkness forever that we barely just got out of." Andy muttered playing around with his fork.

Lorna takes a deep breath and takes a hold of Andy and Lauren's hand. "I think I know what is happening." At that moment the Strucker kids look at Lorna, "I did some searching and in Reeva's room I found some information for this up coming mission with the new recruits its something major." Lorna soften the blow to her favorite kids.

Lorna says they need to go when purifiers turn up out of nowhere in the city on streets. Andy suggests they use their Fenris powers to take the Purifiers, but Lauren says no.

While they ran back to headquarters, painful memories flooded Lauren's mind of how she got her powers and the 7/15 attack.

~flashback~

The Struckers were highly affected by the 7-15 mutant attack.  The kids were so scared that Reed decided to use his law degree in the fight against mutants. At the time his powers were dormant. Caitlin was nervous, but she knew that he needed to be a part of the fight. Reed felt it was the only way he could protect his family.

It kind of backfired because when Lauren's powers manifested, she had a hard time telling her parents. She believed Reed hated mutants so much, she was afraid he would arrest her too. Reed thinks she is afraid of the mutants. He tells her they can make a difference even after terrible things happen.

~end of flashback~

The Frost sisters inform Reeva that Andy and Lauren have been resisting their control over them. Reeva takes a deep sigh breath and looked out the window "Girls it's time to step it up a notch."

Esme looked at Reeva worriedly unlike her sisters. "What do you have in mind Reeva?" Her voice sounding concerning.

"Tonight you three will use your powers on Andrew only. To ensure that things go well for this first trial you will have him be some what bonded to the darkness, reach deep down into the darkness he feels, use it in the dream he has with his sister. Sage will monitor the dream and we'll be watching closely to the brain waves both Andrew and Lauren are having." Reeva explains handing them some personal information on the Von Strucker kids and their ancestors.

As night fall came over Washington D.C., the Strucker kids fell asleep in their rooms after training for three hours. The frost sisters sneak into Andy's room quietly ensuring they don't wake the boy up.

Each of the frost stood at different spots around Andy's bed, they tilt their heads to the side eyes glowing.

~dream relam~

Lauren leaves the IC (Inner Circle) and goes to a building downtown. She goes to the rooftop where Andy is waiting for her. They are happy to see each other and hold hands while they talk. "Andy? Are you okay?" Andy activates their power, "Andy let go, this isn't you." Lauren tries to pull away. "Why fight the darkness Lauren? Remember how great the darkness felt back in Atlanta when we killed 15 people?" Andy says. He holds on tighte r, hurting her hand. Their power increases as Lauren tries to pull away. Andy won’t let her go. Lauren wakes up from her dream screaming.

Lorna, Reeva, and one of the medical doctors runs into Lauren's room. "What happened?" Lorna asks comforting Lauren.

Lauren goes on explaining the dream with Andy. The doctor and Reeva step out of the room being joined by the frost. "Girls what was that? Lauren woke up screaming." Reeva growled.

The girls look at each other "What do you mean? Sage said in Andy's dream everything was fine." Sage join them having the results from Lauren. "Reeva right, the dreams both kids had were completely different. Andy is accepting the darkness...."

"What about Lauren? Isn't she accepting the darkness too?" Sophie and Phoebe ask in a huff. Sage shakes her head "Fenris has two sides as we all know, but it seems that Lauren is between the light and the darkness. When that both sides are opposing against each other it affects the dreams that person is having."