Chapter Eleven: What May Tear Them Apart

"Where do we begins? The rumble or our sings and the walls kept tumbling down on the city we love...."

~Pompeii by Bastelli~

---------------------------------------------------------

It had been a month since the two Von Strucker kids had spoken to each other. Andy kept hoping to see his big sister in their dreams but from what Lorna told him Lauren stopped sleeping and is training 24/7 to keep herself occupied. No one is sure of where Lauren is training, but according to Fade he found out that the Morlocks who live down in the tunnels have been talking to Lauren for three weeks trying to gain her trust and get her to join them.

Esme and her sisters were in the board room using their telepath powers to communicate as Reeva was in their with them waiting for Andy to join them. As Andy entered the room he saw that Lauren wasn't there and kept a straight face to not show how hurt he was feeling.

Lauren headed out that day to get away from the craziness that has been going on. What scared her was when her and her brother hands started glowing without them wanting to trigger Fenris. Lauren decided to go to someone down in the tunnels that she heard about.

Down in the tunnels five morlocks greeted Lauren in a sort of friendly way. "What is someone like you doing down here. Hasn't your friends at the Inner Circle done enough damage already?" A male morlock scowled holding a spear in his hand.

Lauren doesn't flinch at the mutants comment. "I'm here to talk to Erg. I have no business with the Inner Circle with this talk I'm here just to ask him something related to my family mutant history." Lauren calmly reasons with the man.

A dark tall figure walked among them before one of the five mutants could reply back to Lauren. The dark figure was the leader of the Morlocks his name is Erg. "I've been hoping to meet you miss Strucker. Come I'm sure you have a lot of questions." Erg wrapped his arm around Lauren's shoulder lightly guiding her towards the community under ground.

The size of the community down in the tunnels took Lauren by surprise. Erg lead Lauren into one of the tents. Erg offered Lauren a seat while he grabbed a book off the shelves and placing them in front of Lauren. "Your ancestors were interesting people, but they were monsters. In this book shares a unknown secret power that your ancestors, your brother, and you have." Erg explains briefly opening the book in front of Lauren to a certain page.

Journal entry #1

I have learned about my gift from the sun. The sun gives me the gift of visions. When my power is passed down after I'm gone he who holds this power must be protected by their other half. If this half isn't protected by the other the sun and the moon will collide causing a strong presence to one side.

If one side of Fenris is hurt the other can sense the pain their other half is feeling. Once you know each other full potential truly then you will know your true power with Fenris, the sun, and the moon.

Lauren looks up at Erg, and puts the book in her bag she brought with her as Lauren was about to thank Erg and leave one of the Erg's members coming running into the tent panting. "Erg someone is in the tunnels, their not mutants." The man panted. Erg gave it some though quickly, then Lauren steps up. "Get everyone out of sight, I can handle the purifiers alone and hold them off enough for you to keep everyone safe." Erg nods at Lauren. "Mason inform everyone now to pack lightly and move towards one of the open tunnels now." Erg orders.

Lauren turns towards the entrance of where purifiers were coming in. Channeling all of her powers into her hands she attacked the purifiers holding her hands out as her powers combined hit them directly.

Andy can tell something is wrong with Lauren. His heart is racing and he's agitated and sweating. Esme and Lorna knocked on Andy's door seeing that he wasn't okay. "Andy? What's wrong?" Lorna asks rushing to his side.

Andy gave Lorna a a strange look before giving him an answer. "Its Lauren, something is wrong. My heart is racing and I'm sweating I never sweat." Andy explained grabbing his chest.

Esme stepped forward turning her head a little as her eyes glowed blue. "Since when were you going to tell any of us about your dreams with Lauren?" Esme growled lowly.

Andy gulped and rushed out of his room with Lorna and Esme to go find Sage. Once their reached the viewing room above the training room, they find Sage on computer searching around the city. "Sage can you find Lauren for us? And fast?" Andy asks running to Sage at the computer.

Sage presses a couple keys after locating Lauren's phone and finds a camera where Lauren is at. The camera lands on Lauren in a alley alone that leads to the morlock tunnels. Reeva entered the room sighing under her breath. "Lauren knows about what she can see and that Andy protects her." Reeva takes a deep breath and looks at Andy. "Andrew I'm sending you and Rebecca out on an important mission." Reeva whispers quietly to Andy what he needs to do.

A while later Lorna walks up on Sage watching her computer. She asks if Andy and Rebecca mission went well. Sage says she doesn't know anything about that and neither should Lorna.

Andy returned back to the building alone with no Rebecca in sight. Reeva and the frost run over to him as he had some blood on his face. "Andrew what happened? Where's Rebecca?" Reeva disappointed asks him.

Andy started shaking nervously. "The purifiers shot her, while we were on our way back. Rebecca tried to kill them first, but she was shot as she was starting to twist them inside out. I couldn't save her, I'm so sorry." Andy falls to the ground shaking even more.

"ANDY!" Lauren whispered in her mind feeling his sadness. Lauren rushes to Andy finding him in his room sobbing, "Andy?" Lauren asks knocking on his door.

Andy looks up to see his big sister standing there. Andy jumps up to his feet and hugs Lauren closely. "Promise me that you will let me protect you! I can't lose you too like today when I lost Rebecca." Andy sobs more tears falling down his face.

Lauren looked at her brother feeling remorse for him, though Lauren wanted revenge for Rebecca's death but that was Lauren's dark side that wanted that to be done, but Lauren's soft side wanted to return home with Andy to see their parents.

Lauren drove to the west lake apartment complex. Nervous and stress flew over Lauren as she hadn't seen or talked to anyone at the mutant underground since Atlanta. Lauren softly knocked on apartment door number 312 waiting for someone to answer. The door to the apartment opens to reveal Caitlin and Reed at the door. "Hi, can I come in?" Lauren asks smiling sweetly.

Caitlin smiled runs over to Lauren hugging her crying. "Oh it's you!" Caitlin cried, Lauren looks up to see her dad motioning for her to come in. "You've grown so much. How's Andy?" "Did he come with you?" Lauren's parents asks her pulling her to sit down and talk with them in the kitchen.

Lauren stares at the ground then at the window. "Actually I came here alone, Andy doesn't know that I'm here and came back home." Lauren gave her parents a weak smile of hope and determination of them wanting her back too not just Andy.

Before Caitlin or Reed could answer, Marcos and Clarice came rushing into the room panting and sweating. "Guys bad news. John was captured by the purifiers and Fade was sent here to spy on us, we captured Fade and he's in the-" Marcos stops talking when he sees Lauren in the apartment with Caitlin and Reed. "Lauren? Your back." Marcos smiled giving her a hug along with Clarice.

Lauren nods. "I can leave-" Caitlin hugs Lauren as Reed puts his hand on her shoulder: "Please stay we're happy that your home." Lauren smiled and looked at Marcos and Clarice. "Let's go save John!"