Chapter Ten: Sun & Moon

"I'm so sorry that my timing's off
But I can't move on if we're still gonna talk. Is it wrong for me to not want half? I want all of you, all the strings attached."

~If I Can't Have You by Shawn Mendes~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the Inner Circle building Fade given Reeva some information that he had on the Von Strucker girl. "Turns out that Lauren is no ordinary mutant like we thought." Fade explained keeping his tone low so that neither Lorna nor Andy could hear their conversation in Reeva's office.

Reeva placed a pile of papers on her desk while trying to figure out the next step into their plans. "Andrew can not know, the time will come when he will need to know, same as Lauren. Prepare for your next mission, I'm sending our new recruit and Andrew out on a little date, then test her abilities in the training room." Reeva smiled with a mischievous voice.

Fade gave Reeva a quick nod before leaving her office. Esme entered the room after Fade left, "Reeva do you really think it's safe for Lauren to be in North Carolina alone, when you know what can happen. We need to remember what it could mean for us if something happens to her?" Esme asked in a sort of worried tone.

Reeva sighed under her breath. Reeva took a look out the window seeing birds flying by, Esme glanced at the file of papers on the desk curious of the plans to come. Reeva sits down in her chair looking at Esme: "What do you think we should do? The Von Strucker kids are important to us and so is everyone on this team. I will let you tell Andrew, he needs to know his legacy and promise to his family name." Reeva explained.

Andy was summoned to Reeva's office an hour later before he and the new recruit went on a date. "You asked for me Reeva? Is everything okay? Is Lauren injured?" Andy panicked sitting down in the chair in front of Reeva's desk.

Reeva came out from behind her desk taking the seat next to Andy. "Andrew, I have something important to tell you, it does involve you and your sister." Reeva started calmly "it seems that when both yours and Lauren's powers manifested back in Atlanta you didn't just enhirted Andreas and Andrea powers, but you enhirted another power as well...." Reeva continued telling Andy what he needs to know to keep him and his sister safe.

Andy eyes went wide in shock, accepted his responsibility to him, his sister, and to the Von Strucker family name. Andy left the office feeling pressure building up on him. "Come on Andy hold your self together. Your mission now is to keep your sister safe at all costs, but now it's time to go and enjoy your date with Rebecca." Andy boosted his confidence.

Andy stopped in front of a door, knocking on the door lightly. Andy straightened himself out and his jacket. The door opened to a girl with dark brown hair, the girl smiled at Andy impressed by how nice Andy looked. "Ready to go?" Andy asks Rebecca.

Rebecca gave Andy a big nod and smile taking his hand as they left the building. "So tell me, what brought you to be with this group? From what I can tell I'm the only pretty girl there your age." Rebecca flirts.

Andy snorts at Rebecca comment. "Well you have competition for my attention. My big sister Lauren who you will get to meet later once she's back from her mission. To answer your question about how I joined the Inner Circle? My family and I used to live in Atlanta, Georgia. Lauren and I were at a school dance when a group of bullies took me into the gym locker room, they started to beat me up so my powers manifested almost destroying the whole school. At the time I didn't know that Lauren was a mutant at that time until she we got back home and Sentinel Services showed up at our door, we escaped but it wasn't easy. Some time later we joined a mutant group called the mutant underground. Lauren and I got captured by humans and forced to use our powers for evil purposes, a while later when things were looking good for us Esme Frost was recruiting strong mutants to help them build a mutant homeland..." Andy explained what has been going on up to when they saved her.

Rebecca became amazed by Andy's story, looking at her own life Rebecca didn't want to share her life story with anyone just yet. At the burger joint in the city Rebecca ate her food quickly like this was her first decent meal in forever. Andy was amazed by how Rebecca ate quickly.

Three hours later Andy and Rebecca were in the elevator. The two mutants were holding hands. "Thank you for today! I had really fun, your the first person who really made me feel that I can be the real me without being a total freak." Rebecca flirts kissing Andy on the cheek.

Once they were on the penthouse floor of the building, Andy gave Rebecca a quick kiss before he went to go see if Lauren was back yet. Andy knocks on his sister door to see it open with no one inside the room. "LAUREN? LAUREN?" Andy called out.

Another door opened inside Lauren's room. Lauren came in after washing her hair. "So my sister and I fought so you must...." Lauren muttered to herself. Andy rushed over to Lauren quickly lifting her up and hugging her tightly. "Hey! Calm down, I'm okay really." Lauren chuckles.

Andy kept Lauren close not wanting to let her go. "Lauren I want you to know that I will never let anyone hurt you. Did anyone hurt you when you were gone in North Carolina?" Andy asks his sister checking her for bruises.

Lauren gave Andy a puzzled look, backing away from Andy slowly. Andy looks concerned at Lauren backing away: "Lauren what's wrong? Did someone hurt you?" Andy became filled with rage.

Both the Von Strucker kids looked at their hands glowing even though they weren't holding holds. Lauren saw the word Sun on her door, Andy on the other hand saw the word Moon on the window.