CHAPTER 23: Too Late To Realize?

Kibum’s P.O.V.

(flashback)

“Finally! You decided to see me this soon!” Their manager hyung beams a smile to him.

“What is going on here?” He did not bother to hide his irritation.

“Did the other members tell you already? What is your decision?”

“Aniyo! They said that it should be you who should tell me. Tell me hyung, what is there that I need to know?”

“Kibum, I now that you will be happy with this. I know that you have been waiting for this.” Their manager is starting to get hyper.

“WHHHAAATTT?” He urges his hyung to tell him right away.

“You and Min Kyung ssi are going to be a couple for We Got Married! Isn’t it great?!”

Kibum is speechless. He is not expecting this to happen. A part of him tells him that this is his chance to recollect all the memories he and Min Kyung had. Another part of him tells him that he should let go of her and focused more to Neva.

The manager shakes his shoulder when he seems so stunned. “Ya! Amazing isn’t it?”

Kibum recovers from the hazy moment. He let out an awkward smile. “Ah… Hyung, I wonder if I will think about it first.”

The manager’s eyes widen, as if not believing Kibum. “Aigoo… but you know, this is once in a while only! And besides, I already express to them your desire to join the said program!”

“But…” Ya, Kibum-ah, why are you holding back huh? You have been waiting for this moment to come right? So grab the opportunity now!

“But what Kibummie? Are you hesitating now? I have witnessed your desire to have this moment. Why are you thinking of reconsidering it right now?”

Kibum leans his back to the chair. “Hyung, let us talk about this later. I need to rest first.” He gets up and walks away, leaving their manager in total shock.

He ends up himself inside SHINee’s dorm, drinking alone. He still cannot decide whether to get the offer or not. If this offer had been offered to him 1 or 2 years ago, he would have grabbed this right away, but a lot of things had already happened. As of now, this idea is one of the least things that he had given a thought lately. He is completely shock with his own self on how he reacted to this.

He is already tipsy when he receives a message from Neva saying that she and Ae Cha go with the other SHINee members since he is nowhere to be found and that where is he now. He throws his phone on the bed as he leans on the wall while he is sitting.