Chapter 16 Part 1: Birthday Circus

Chapter 16 Part 1

"I should've known you were only playing a game / And you and me would never be the same" Toni Braxton - Stupid

His arms wrapped around my waist while he stood behind me. We swayed along to Frank Ocean's Thinking About You as it played in the background. He lowered his head to my neck, littering kisses at the base.

"Happy birthday baby," he whispered in my ear before lightly nipping at my lobe. I shivered, stepping away from his embrace.

"Thanks." I smiled. Joe spun me around to face his gorgeous self. I looked around my Uncle Charlie's bar noticing some of my cousins giving me strange looks. I ignored them all focusing my attention on Joe.

He was being extra sweet to me on my birthday and my uncle letting me use his bar for a small family party was the icing on the top. There was a DJ, open bar and full buffet. Today should be perfect.

I stood on my tiptoes to give Joe a peck on the lips. "You're an amazing man," I told him. He grinned widely.

"You're an amazing girl." Girl? I let it go but made a mental note to remind him I'm a woman.

"Don't be cakin' on the dance floor!" Sparkle hollered sounding extra ghetto. I blushed, putting some space between Joe and I as I saw her, Taylor, Darryl and Force approaching us.

I was stunned to see Taylor and Darryl walking hand in hand. Last I knew, they were over and Taylor was 'clearing her mental space for new encounters' - her words.

"I'm only joking girl, go 'head and get your birthday sex," Sparkle teased. She hugged me tightly, planting sloppy kisses on my cheek. I used the back of my hand to wipe off her saliva. Taylor, Darryl and Force came up to me next individually wishing me a happy birthday and giving less dramatic hugs.

"Thanks everyone." I was all smiles. I love my birthday. It's one day totally about me and my happiness and I planned to celebrate it to the fullest. The men stepped to the side with Joe to have guy talk or whatever. "Tay what's up with you and Darryl?"

She smiled shyly. "We're communicating." I had no clue what that meant but my birthday wasn't the time for long deep conversations on Tay's relationship status.

"So," Sparkle spoke up. "What did Dr. Fine get you for your birthday?"

I was still too excited to speak about it; all I could do was point down to my feet at my silver studded Christian Louboutin pumps. The three of us squealed and jumped up and down like I had this morning.

"I hope you said thank you. More than thank you. That's a meal, blowjob, car sex and foot rub for a week at least," Sparkle said. Tay and I laughed.

"I thanked him." I chose not to give details but Joe was thanked...he was thanked all morning and will be thanked some more tonight.

"And it matches your ensemble perfectly," Tay noticed, referring to my white Herve Leger strapless sequined bandage dress.

"Don't tell me he bought that too?" Sparkle asked. I bit my lip and nodded. "Oh my damn." She grasped my hand, lifting it in the air, signaling me to turn. "Shit, I can't blame him. Look at Ms. Thickum's ass in this dress." I turned back around when she slapped my behind. "And her titties sittin' too!"

I knocked Sparkle's hand away from my boobs and crossed my arms over my chest. "Stop that. I don't think Joe picked out the dress though. He told me that he had a sale's associate help him find something to go with the shoes. He was going to buy a bracelet but she said that a dress would go better," I explained.

"If I was that associate I'd say buy both."

"Well..." I held up my left wrist where the crystal encrusted bangle rested. Tay and Sparkle gasped.