Chapter 13: Damaged

Chapter 13

"I thought that I should let you know / That my heart is / Damaged / So Damaged / And you can blame the one before" Danity Kane - Damaged

"So like we fucked or whatever and now he wants to get back together." I nodded, putting another handful of sour skittles in my mouth. "But I'm not sure. I mean, his stroke game is top notch-"

"Too many details."

Chelsea giggled. "Sorry, I'm just sayin' he's very talented in that activity but I don't know if I want to be back in a relationship with Pierre." I shrugged, dumping the rest of the skittles in my mouth then pulled out another packet from my candy drawer. "C'mon Elle tell me what to do."

"I can't do that."

"You did before remember? You said, 'Pierre is an asshole. Fuck him - not literally.'"

"And you obviously didn't listen," I joked. Chelsea sucked her teeth and crossed her arms.

"Stop playing," she whined.

"Seriously Chels I can't tell you what to do because it's your life but don't get into any situation that makes you feel uncomfortable. Do what feels right for you."

"That's so hard because his dick feels so right-"

"Chelsea!"

"It does, though. You can't tell me, you've never had dick so good it clouds your judgment. And I won't even get started on his tongue." She sat back in the chair fanning her face. "Every time I cum, I feel like marrying him."

I covered my ears to tune her out. When she finally finished raving about Pierre's bedroom skills I took my hands down.

"Okay I'm done," Chelsea surrendered as she laughed at me.

"Good. Like I said, follow your gut." Her cheeks turned a warm rosy color. "That's it get out."

"Sorry sorry but I can't stop thinking about it. We've been having sex everyday, multiple times a day since last week. I'm addicted, no pun."

All I could do was shake my head. Ms. Hot Pants didn't need my advice. I took out a box of magnums from the middle drawer of my desk and handed them to her. "There's my best advice. And stop by Dr. Robinson's office on your way out for some birth control." Chelsea laughed, thanked me and left my office. She was always too wild for me.

I pulled up the brochure I was putting together on my computer screen. Work was the last place I wanted to be but Dr. Robinson gave me a written warning about my attendance and for coming into work intoxicated that one time. So now I'm on probation. Great. If my job weren't at risk I'd be out of the office so fast. But I couldn't afford to lose my job, especially since R...

I had moments that I felt so hallow inside. Everyday ticked by and I couldn't forget his smell, the way he felt sleeping next to me. I still heard his voice sometimes but I was trying to let go. I've forced myself to stop calling him; I've deleted the Instagram app on my phone so don't keep going on his profile.

Complete detox...

* * *

There were two knock on my door before it opened and Joe peeked in. "You ready?" he asked, coming inside. I nodded as I shut down my computer. I took a quick glance around making sure everything was in place and picked up my purse.

We walked out side by side with our arms brushing together lightly in the tight hallway space.

"See ya'll tomorrow," Mrs. Reyes called out, when we got to the front desk. Joe smiled politely and waved; I just smiled. "And Elle tell Mr. French Vanilla I said hello. He should visit soon, it's been too long." I fought hard not to roll my eyes. Mrs. Reyes couldn't let me leave; she had to be messy first.