the sleeping party

above is the color scheme for Braelyn's Isle gear

above is the color scheme for Braelyn's Isle gear. you can make the outfit yourself if you'd like, I just imagined these colors would look good for her.

Ben's office held a tense atmosphere the next morning as Adam and Belle stood next to Fairy Godmother. Ben was in between Mal and Braelyn, the two groups standing across from each other in the center of the room.

"I think we all know why we're here," Adam began, "The people are in a panic about Hades. He almost got out. Who knows what he would have done if he had. We can't risk having another villain on the loose."

Mal took a deep breath and rerouted her gaze from the adults. "I really feel like this is my fault. I'm supposed to protect Auradon."

"You did," Ben defended, "You do protect Auradon." Braelyn could tell her brother was having a hard time believing they were having this discussion in the first place, but now that Mal was blaming herself, he was getting upset.

"Everytime we open the barrier, we're exposed to danger," Adam continued to reason, "Maleficent, Uma, Hades."

Ben's phone rang, interrupted his response. With a sigh, he turned around and answered. His conversation was rushed before he hung up and faced his parents again. "Maleficent's scepter and the queen's crown have been stolen.

"Uma?" Braelyn offered, to which Ben instantly shot down.

"We don't know that, Brae."

Belle sighed, "When the people hear this, they will never want to leave their houses. What do we tell them?" She paused for a brief moment before seemingly making the decision in her head. "Mal? What do we do? How do we keep evil out of Auradon?"

The VK seemed to have an inner conflict going on and it was obvious, at least to Braelyn. It didn't take much for Mal to seem upset, and anyone could clearly tell the answer she would give wasn't one she liked. She squared her shoulders before replying, "I think there's only one way we can guarantee their safety, and I think that there can't be anymore going in and out. I think we need to close the barrier, forever."

"No," Ben's reply was firm and definite as he looked at her in disbelief. "No, no, no!"

"Ben." Braelyn reached out to grab her brother's arm in an attempt to keep him from panicking.

Mal stepped forward to refocus him, her hands landing on his forearms as she turned to face him. "Hey. I do not want to take away your dream, because it was so beautiful and, it is why I fell in love with you. But, as King and Queen, what is our duty?"

"To protect Auradon," Ben answered. "But do you know what this would mean? All those kids? Are you prepared for that?"

Braelyn felt her stomach sink at his words. It weighed differently when Ben put it into context. She had been on the Isle, twice now, and she could see how much of an impact the Core Four left on the beliefs of the younger VKs. They were role models, something that gave hope on the Isle when there seemingly was none. If Mal was serious, and closing the barrier was the next move, they would never get the chance to experience what Auradon truly was about.