the cotillion

The paparazzi were loving every second of Cotillion's guests as they arrived

The paparazzi were loving every second of Cotillion's guests as they arrived. While Carlos had to separate from Braelyn to ride with the other VKs, the royal twins were joined at the hip from the moment they stepped out of the limo. Ben adjusted his sister's tiara for a brief moment to annoy her before smiling and stepping in view of the cameras.

Braelyn simply rolled her eyes and followed him, her ears already flooded with the thousands of questions being thrown.

"Princess Braelyn, you look fantastic!"

"Who designed your dress?"

"Do you approve of King Ben's and Mal's relationship?"

The blonde twin continued to shift her pose every few seconds as she answered, "Thank you. It was designed by Miss Evie. And yes, of course. I trust my brother to take care of himself. Mal is just what he needs."

"Princess, are you engaged?"

Thousands of cameras flashed in that split second as more questions and comments were thrown her way. Ben himself had even turned from his spot to give her a comforting smile.

Braelyn shook her head but smiled nonetheless. "No, no. Not engagement. Carlos and I are simply at a stage where we feel confident in each other that what we have is real and will last for a very long time."

More camera flashes followed as she began to make her exit after her brother, allowing their parents to take their spots on the carpet. The young twin followed Ben onto the boat where they quickly ducked down to the deck below.

"She won't bail on me. She wouldn't," Ben mumbled as he paced a bit before turning to look at his sister. "Would she?"

Braelyn fought back a smile and grabbed her brother's shoulders to stop his nervous movements. "Ben, she'll be fine. I promise. She'll be here because she loves you. I don't doubt that for a second."

The king nodded but continued to avoid her gaze. After a moment of silence between the two, Ben grabbed Braelyn's left hand from his shoulder to hold in front of his face. "It's pretty, right? I told him you'd love it."

"I do," Braelyn hummed as she lowered both of her arms. "Especially the necklace that I found too. You didn't have to do that, B."

Ben pulled her in for a hug. "I know I didn't but you needed reminding that you're a good person and that you're stronger than you think. If a necklace does that, then I'll buy you as many as you'd like."

"You're the best brother ever, did I tell you that?" She mumbled as she continued to hug him tightly. "I don't know what I would've done if we hadn't rescued you."

"You won't have to worry about that. I'm going to do my best to not need saving for a long time," Ben chuckled as he released his sister from his arms and kissed her forehead. "Now get out there. Carlos has been dying to see you."