Chapter Sixteen

A/N SOOOOO, this chapter is a few days after the last one. It's the day before Taylor's 18th birthday! Remember to leave comments and let me know what y'all think! It keeps me motivated! 

"So Taylor, what are you wanting to do for your birthday baby?" Gemma asks me as I'm sitting in the office organizing paperwork. I shrug my shoulders.

"We don't have to do anything, really. It's not that big of a deal." I say nonchalantly. 

"Yes it is! If you don't tell me what you want to do tomorrow, then I'm gonna just throw the party the way I see fit. We are going to celebrate though." Gemma says defiantly. I sigh and laugh a little.

"Gem, it's really not a big deal, with everything going on with the club, I'll bet none of them are in the mood for a party." I say.

"That's why it's the perfect time for a party. They're bikers baby. They need a good party and a good lay to get their mind off of things for a least a little while." She says giving my shoulder a light squeeze 

"Alright then Gem, we can have a big party at the clubhouse. If that's what you think we need." I say and give her a small smile. 

"Great! Let's go get some supplies for tomorrow night!" She says excitedly, grabbing her purse and her car keys.

"Right now?" I ask her. She nods. "What about the office? I haven't finished everything yet." 

"Well baby, that's one of the best things about being the ole lady of the boss' son."  She smirks. "You get to take off whenever she says so, for whatever reason she wants."

"I'm not Jax's ole lady, Gem. We've only just started seeing each other." I say rolling my eyes and grabbing my purse. 

"Baby, you've been his old lady since the moment he laid eyes on you. I'm telling you, a mother knows these things, and I'm never wrong." She says walking out to the car. 

"Hey where are y'all headed?" Jax asks us as he walks over and puts his arm around my waist.

"Oh just going to get some things for Taylor's birthday party tomorrow night." Gemma says casually with a knowing smirk on her face. I laugh a little and roll my eyes.

"What's so funny?" Jax asks. When I smile and roll my eyes again he asks, "Should I be worried about you two trouble makers?"

"No! I'm just remembering something your mom said earlier. Nothing to worry about here! We'll be back before you know it!" I say trying to escape before Gemma brings up my being his old lady thing. I give him a quick kiss and go around her car and get in the passenger seat. 

"Bye baby, see ya later." Gemma says. 

"Please try to stay out of trouble." He hollers back at us. We both just laugh.

"I don't know why he's so worried about us when we go places together." Gemma says sarcastically.

"I haven't the slightest idea!" I respond and we both just laugh the whole way to the store.

____________________________________________________________________________

Once we get to the grocery store we go our separate directions, each of us knowing what we need to get, and to cut our time in half. Gemma says she wants to be able to decorate the clubhouse without having to be rushed. As I turn down the isle with the toilet paper I run into my mom and Mike. I try to turn away before I am noticed but unfortunatley luck was not on my side.

"Taylor! Honey, it's so good to see you! What are you doing here?" My mom says to me.

"It's a grocery store mom, lots of people come here." I reply with a little bit of sass. I'm still kind of salty about everything that went down, and Mike being there doesn't help my mood any.

Before my mom gets a chance to say anything Gemma walks up beside me. "Hey baby, I forgot to tell you we're good on toilet paper. I had some of the sweetbutts pick some up the other day." She says and I smile at her.

"Well well. If it isn't Gemma Teller. You haven't aged a bit." My mother says to her bitchily. And Gemma just laughs.

"Well thanks Bailey. It was good to see you but we really should get going." Gemma says, "I've got a big 18th birthday to throw tomorrow night." 

"See ya around." I say to them. With that we turn around and walk towards the registers. "That was just great." I tell Gemma once we're out of ear shot. 

"Oh honey. It'll all work out. Tomorrow night you're gonna be so happy and carefree that you won't even remember they exist." She says comfortingly.

We pull back into the TM parking lot and I notice there are a few more bikes here than usual. 

"What's going on?" I ask Gemma, looking around curiously.

"Oh, Hap didn't tell you?" She looks at me and I give her a confused face. "He invited the guys from the Tacoma Charter to come down and meet you. They'll be here until Monday." She says. "He's very proud of you, you know. He's completely different around you than he is with anyone but his mother." She explains and I can't help but smile. 

We walk into the clubhouse and I instantly notice a bunch more croweaters and sweetbutts hanging around. One of them is rubbing up on Jax who is sitting on the couch talking to Bobby and another man I don't know.

"You gonna let that bitch hang on him like that, or are you gonna show her who he belongs to?" Gemma quietly whispers in my ear. 

"He doesn't belong to me Gemma. I don't have any right." I explain. "I don't wanna be that crazy hang around." I look away sadly.

"Baby girl. You are not just a hang around. This is your club and your family. You are well within your rights to stomp that bitch's face in." She says, and I decide to listen to her. After all, she's never wrong about these things.

I walk over to where Jax is sitting and before he even gets a chance to say anything I sit down on his lap. "Excuse me." I say politely to the croweater hanging all over him. Before she can respond I grab Jax by his face and kiss him passionately. I can hear the girl scoff beside us.

"Um, bitch he's mine. Get your own." She says in a snarky voice. I pull away from Jax and laugh. I stand up off of him and I can feel all eyes on us. 

"I'm gonna give you one last chance to walk away. So take a hint and beat it bitch." I say calmly. 

"And I'm gonna tell you one more time to back. the fuck. off. Skank." She says and with that I laugh and punch her in the nose sending her to the floor. She starts screaming, holding her nose. By now Jax and Bobby are on their feet ready to pull me off of her. "You fucking bitch!" She shouts as shes getting back up. 

"You really don't know when to quit do you." I say and I start to swing again but Jax grabs me by the waist and pulls me away. "Jax let go of me. I'm serious. The bitch needs to learn her place."

"She's not worth it baby. Your knuckles are already swelling." He says to me calmly, trying not to laugh.

"I'm pressing charges you fucking bitch." I hear the girl say from behind Jax.

"Go right on ahead girl. But I've got over 30 witnesses in here that say they saw you come at me with a knife. I was in fear for my life, so I was well with in my rights hitting you." I say matter-of-factly.

"Oh yeah? What knife bitch?" She asks and I grab Jax's pocket knife out of his front pocket and throw it at her. She quickly catches it and then drops it.

"That knife that has your fingerprints all over it, sweetie. I suggest you get the fuck out of here while you have a chance." I say and the look on her face is priceless. She tries to push past me on her way to the door but I grab her arm and bring her really close to my face. "So what were you saying about pressing charges?" I ask her lowly with a smile on my face.

"I won't say anything I swear. Please just let me leave." She cries. I laugh and let go of her arm, letting her run out the door crying. On her way out, she runs into Clay who was on his way in.

"What happened to her?" He asks, pointing behind him.

"Taylor let her know Jax was taken. That's what happened." Gemma says proudly.