Chapter Eight

(A/N: I wanted to take this in a different direction than I had originally planned, so I'm time skipping quite a ways. This is a shit chapter, but please bare with me. I promise what I have in mind is good. I know it's been a long time, and I'm not gonna promise fast updates, but I will update as often as I can!

Also, I hope everyone who is reading this enjoys it so far! It's about to get a whole lot better! If y'all wanted to drop some comments and let me know what you think, that'd be greatly appreciated!) 

*A month later*

Surprisingly, my mom didn't bite my head off when I told her that I was going to be working with Gemma Teller in the office of TM. I was expecting more of a reaction, so I waited to tell her until the day before I started.

I have been talking to Jax, pretty regularly. We've flirted back and forth but we haven't really talked a lot. He had to take a trip to Washington for something related to the club. Apparently that is what they had been arguing about the day that David came to bring me in. I didn't ask about it, and Jax hadn't offered anything more than that he would be gone for a while. It wasn't any of my business, and I understand that. 

Things cooled down quite a bit at home, once I explained to my mom that, no matter what she said, I was going to be around the club. Jax was my friend and she needed to accept that. Jax and I haven't done anything except for flirt. And I'm okay with that. 

No, I'm not 18 yet, but I think that even once I do turn 18, in less than a week, Jax and I will remain friends. Sure, he's hella attractive and sweet and funny, but he is quite the whore. But, to each their own. I obviously acted like a whore by jumping the guys bones the first day I'd met him, so why should I treat him any different. 

I was a little upset the first time I walked out of the office and saw him making out with some cheap looking whore, but I realized I had nothing to be upset about, given the fact that we weren't together. We never even planned on being together, really. So after he had gone through a few girls, I decided to remain friends. Nothing more. Which really is no big deal. He is a good friend to have.

Working at the shop proved to be as easy as it sounded. I got to know Gemma a bit more, and realized that she is one fierce bitch. Pretty intimidating, but she took me under her wing, and I can feel myself becoming more and more confident and badass by the day. Not that I was a hella shy person before, but I was no Gemma Teller, and I'm working my way up to it now. 

The club has had parties since I became friends with them, but I had never been invited. In fact, Jax had advised me not to come to one until I was 18. So, I listened. I have, however, helped Gemma buy the stuff, and plan for them. This one, is a pretty big one. Gemma told me some members from another charter want to move down here and be a part of this one. Which is a big deal, apparently. Gemma and I are currently at the grocery store buying all of the shit that needs to be bought for a club house party. 

"The key to a good club party, baby, is lots of condoms, lots of booze, and lots of toilet paper." Gemma explains. 

"Toilet Paper?" I ask incredulously. She turns from in front of the basket to look at me. 

"Yes, baby. A clubhouse full of hungover bikers. Toilet paper is a must." We both laugh and proceed to checkout. Before we are able to get all of our items on the grocery conveyer, my uncle Jacob walks up to us. 

"Well, if it isn't my dear niece, and the exact person she was told she wasn't to be hanging around." He says snottily, looking at Gemma, who rolls her eyes and proceeds to get the things ready to check out. 

"Jacob, I'm a week away from being a legal adult, no one can tell me what to do. So, if you're only here to insult my friend, and my boss, by the way, please just leave us alone." Before he is able to respond, I add, "And please take the humongous stick up your ass with you." By this time Gemma turns to look at me with a shocked smirk on her face. The look on Jacobs face is priceless. A mixture of shock, hurt, and anger.