Chapter Nine

A/N Okay, so I know I suck. I totally forgot about this story lol. But, hopefully this chapter won't disappoint. I've gotten a few comments and I've noticed that this story has over 1000 reads!!!! Whoa guys!! Thanks! Anyway, back to the story. 

After we put the groceries up, my mind wondered to Jax. Was he serious? Did he really not care about the week I had left before my birthday? I laughed the offer off, thinking he was joking. But I could see in his eyes he was serious. We fell into a comfortable silence after that, both of our minds elsewhere, until I asked if he was excited about the party tonight. 

That seemed to distract him enough for the time being. Before we could finish our previous conversation, he got a phone call and had to go. Leaving me with a slight peck on the cheek and very conflicted. I stepped outside for some fresh air and a cigarette, just as Tig and someone else, I've never met, were pulling in. They walk towards me and I nod at Tig. 

"Hey pretty girl, whatcha up to?" he asks in the most Tig way possible. Which is a mixture of creepy and oddly smooth.

"I'm just taking a break from putting everything together for tonight. What are you doing?" I ask. 

"Jax told me you might be needing some help. I didn't come to help but I came to keep you company." He says with a raise of his eyebrows and a wink. I just roll my eyes. "This is Happy, he's from the Tacoma charter but I'm hoping we can convince him to stay a while."

"Oh, so you're the reason for the big party tonight. Nice to meet you, I'm Taylor." I say extending a hand for him to shake. He gently takes it, looking at me in a way I can't describe. Not the way the other guys look at me, lustfully, but something new. Almost wondrously.

"Have we met before?" He says in a deep gravelly voice. One that says he's not someone to fuck with. 

"I doubt it. I'm not from here." I say. "Maybe I just have one of those faces." I say with a smile. 

He nods his head slightly, "Maybe." He says looking deep in thought. I put my cigarette out and hop off of the picnic table I was sitting on. And motion for them to come with me. 

"So Happy, is that your real name or..?" I ask him. 

"Nah." He says lowly.

"Must've gotten that nickname because of your chipper attitude." I say as I look up at him and we both let out a chuckle.

"You're exactly right, little one." He says and Tig snorts.

As we step into the clubhouse, Gemma is coming around the corner, hair disheveled. "Happy! Good to see you baby. How have you been." She says walking up to him and giving him a big hug.

"I'm good, Gem. How are you?" They talk for a little while, as Tig and I go to the kitchen to get things ready. 

About an hour later, Jax and the others start piling in. Jax comes up to me and throws his arm around my shoulders.

"Hey Darlin, you staying for the party tonight?" He asks lowly in my ears. 

"I don't know if that's a good idea. Not 18 yet, remember?" I say, warningly.

"Yes, I know. Buuuuuut, this is a good time for you to be here, I can introduce you to the members that are gonna be staying here in Charming." He says.

"Alright, if you think its a good idea. I'm always down for a party." I look up at him. "And I met Happy earlier. He seems like a badass."

"That he is, Darlin. That he is." He moves to stand in front of me, taking his arm from around my shoulders. "I hope you don't have a thing for him. I'd hate to lose you to one of my brothers before I can even claim you as mine." He says lowly. I just laugh and roll my eyes. 

"Claim me as yours huh? What makes you think I want that? Who says I'm not just looking for a good time?" He raises his eyebrows, and gives me a look as if to say 'Yeah right.' I laugh again. "Calm down lover boy. Everyone knows I only have eyes for you. Besides, Happy's old enough to be my dad." 

"I can't wait until you're eighteen, Taylor. I really can't." He says with a frustrated groan. 

"I mean, it's less than a week..." I say and trail off, looking him directly in the eyes. With that he looks around the kitchen to find that no one else is in the room.

"You're absolutely right, baby." He grabs my chin softly and kisses me ever so gently on my lips. We haven't kissed since the night we met, and I didn't realize how much I missed his lips on mine. 

I deepen the kiss by wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling his body closer to mine. He gladly reciprocates my eagerness and takes the chance to slip his tongue in my mouth, causing me to gasp. God how I missed this. 

He grabs my  thighs and lifts me up onto a nearby counter, causing the kiss to get more and more heated by the minute. His hand finds his way up my shirt and cups my right breast just as Tig walks in to the kitchen.

"Hey Taylor have you seen Ja-" Upon hearing his entrance, Jax pulls away from me, but not completely, as he is still standing in between my legs, we both look at Tig who is standing there with a surprised smirk on his face. "Uh, never mind. I can see you guys are a little busy. I'll just leave you to it." With that he walks out of the kitchen with a grin. Jax exhales loudly and turns to look at me with a laugh. 

"I should go see why he was looking for me." He says. I nod.

"Yeah, go ahead. I've got to finish up some things in here." I say with a hazy smile.

"Find me later?" He says and I give him a nod and a smile. He kisses me softly and turns to walk out of the kitchen. Leaving me on the counter and out of breath.

So much for waiting...  I think to myself.