Chapter Four

While I did like to hold on to Jax, tightly, I loved the rush of adrenaline I felt when I let go and let my hands flow in the wind. Every time I would let go, Jax suddenly became more cautious. The ride was probably about 20 to 30 minutes but it felt like a very short time. I knew then, I was in love with motorcycles. As strange as it may sound, on the back of Jax's bike I felt safer than I had in a while. When he finally came to a stop, I pouted. 

"Okay, I'm in love with this thing." I tell him as I'm taking the helmet off.  

"I can tell, but you ain't seen nothin' yet, darlin'." He says with a smirk. I give a little bit of a laugh. He takes my hand in his and we start walking towards the edge of some trees. 

"So, where are we anyway? Is this the part where you kill me, and bury my body?" I stop walking, and he turns to me and laughs.

"No, darlin'. If I wanted to kill ya, I'd have already done it." He winks and I laugh, resuming our path towards the trees. "I come here sometimes to think, and get away from it all. I just sit here and look up at the stars." At this I laugh. 

"Oh my God. Jax, that was the cheesiest line I've ever gotten. ' I look up at the stars" Yeah right, the bid bad biker, I think not. " He laughs, the realest laugh I had heard from him.

"Okay, yeah you're right, that was cheesy, and I don't do that. But, everything else was true. I do come up here sometimes to get away from all the stress and hassle of Charming." He lets go of my hand and plops down in the grass between the opening of two trees. 

"Wow, it's actually really beautiful up here, peaceful." I say, this time actually admiring the place.

"Yeah, it is." He says as he grabs my hand and pulls me to sit down next to him. "So, what brought you to Charming?" He asks once I get comfortable.

"Well, I don't really know actually. My mom says it's because she missed her family, but I don't believe her. It was way too sudden for that." I ramble on, my mind drifting to how close Jax is to me. 

"Her family?" he asks curiously. 

"Yeah, her brothers." I nod, "David and Jacob Hale." I say. The look on his face goes from curious to shocked in seconds. 

"David Hale is your uncle?" He asks incredulously. I give a small nod, wondering why he's so, well, shocked. "Have you spoken to your uncle yet?" He asks.

"Um, earlier today, why?" I respond.

"Well, the first thing I figured he'd do was warn you about me." He says, cockily.

"Why would he warn me about you?" I say, scooting closer and putting my hand on his face. 

"Um, well darlin', your uncle don't like me very much, or anyone in my club for that matter." He says, and I'm straddling his waist now. 

"Oh, your club? Motorcycle club?" He nods, and gulps. "Well, I'm not my uncle, and I happen to like you very much. So, if it's okay with you, this'll be our little secret." I whisper in his ear. 

"I'm the best at keeping secrets." he smirks, and I dip my head and finally kiss him. Not just a little peck like I did earlier, but a real kiss. Before things could get too heated, much to my dismay, he pulls away.

"Darlin', I should have asked you this earlier, but how old are you?" he asks, breathlessly. 

"Does it matter right now?" I ask, and go to kiss him again. 

"Yes." he says, dipping away from my kiss, and giving me a pointed look.

"17." I say and he takes a deep breath. "But I'll be 18 in a couple months." I quickly add.

"How old do you think I am?" he asks me with a small smile. 

"I don't know, probably like 20." he laughs. 

"I'm 24, Taylor." he says, shaking his head. 

"So, it not that big of a deal. Not to me anyway. I'm not jailbait. The legal age of consent is 16." I say. 

"I'm not that worried about age, like you said, you're almost 18, but if Hale gets a whiff of this, he'll lock my ass up on rape charges." he says. "The legal age of consent in California is 18, not 16." (A/N I don't know if this is true, but lets just pretend okay?)  

"Let's just not tell anyone, Jax. I'm sure as hell not telling anyone, and even if I wanted to, I don't have anyone to tell." I start trying to kiss his neck but he dodges and shrugged his shoulders as if to say 'eh..'. "I mean think about it, who am I gonna tell. 'Hey mom, wanna talk about this really hot, older, biker, guy I just banged?' NO. Def not happening." I say to lighten the mood and we both laugh. 

"I don't know babe, I think we should wait. After you turn 18, I'm all yours but it's not a good idea until then. It could look really bad on not just me, but the club and we really can't deal with that kind of heat right now." I huff and look down, pouting.

"Ugh, you're right. I'm sorry. I don't usually act like this anyway, but yenno, there's something about you. like, i don't know. Everything." I say and laugh. "I probably should get to know you first." 

"Don't be sorry, darlin'. Any other time I would, but you being Hale's niece, and him having  a hard on for the club, it's just not smart." he says and I sigh again, nodding my head. "But trust me, you turn 18, and it's on. If you even still want to. You might get to know me and hate me." 

"Doubt it." I say quickly. "Yenno, just because we can't have sex, doesn't mean we can't still fool around..." I say and play with the edges of his cut. He breathes out a laugh, and shakes his head.

"Darlin', once I get started, I can't stop." He says. "Especially with someone who looks as good as you do." I groan, loudy. 

"Ugh, I'm mad now." I say and crawl off of him. 

"Awe, don't be mad darlin'. How's about we go for another ride, huh?" He says and i smirk.

"I was trying but you keep telling me no." I raise my eyebrow, and he gives another hearty laugh, standing up.

He extends his hands to help me up, "Let's go, sweetheart." and he kisses my forehead. And with that, the night ended as he took me home.