Chapter sixteen-Beyond comprehension

My teammate had betrayed me. He lured me into an alley and pushed a knife to my throat. "First of all, take off your coat. Wouldn't want any more knifes than mine." Niro said. So he had noticed that I kept my blades in my sleeves. I took off my coat and dropped it on the ground. "There." I said.

"Now, to the talking bit. Who are you really? No one could have lived an isolated life outside Konoha and be as skilled as you. So who are you and where do you come from?" he asked.

I began to laugh. "What are you laughing at?" he yelled. I simply laughed more, and somehow managed to say: "You." "You have the guts to act funny in your current situation." Niro spat. I slowly stopped laughing. "I see why you're doing this." I said. "You are jealous that I've got the attention of the girls." "Watch your mouth." He said. "Oh, so that's not the problem. You're worried that I'd hurt the girls. You think I'm a spy." I said.

"First, I care not about the girls, but about the village. Second, yes I think you're a spy of Orichimaru. I think that you wanna destroy the village." Niro claimed.

|Niro's POV|

So he is able to think. He isn't just a puppet controlled by the snake. Though, I had no proof for him being a traitor.

"If I was a spy, trying to destroy the village, first off, why would I ever be attacked by mercenaries." Yuugure said.

"I suppose there is a point there." I said. Damn it, he was right, why would he be attacked. "Second off, don't you think I would already have tried to flee, or fight back?" He said. It only just hit me. He could escape anytime, and with him being a spy, he would even have the skills to kill me. "I suppose I could beat the crap out of you." He said. Then he disappeared. "What!" I yelled.

"A simple thing, Niro. Something that any genin could do." his voice said from behind. I turned around to face him. He was leaning against the wall and smirking stupidly. "A shadow clone." He said.

|Yuugure's POV|

After explaining I walked over and picked up my coat, then put it on.

"Bro, relax. I'm not a traitor. I really appreciate that you want me in your team, and I would never betray any of you, or any of the villagers. Just so we're clear." I said.

"How do you explain your fighting skills?" He asked. I began to laugh. "My grandpa was a veteran. He taught me. But I still don't know shit about jutsu and stuff. I'm just good at hand to hand combat." I said.

He put his knife back in his pocket. "Sorry for doubting you." he said. "No worries." I answered. "I guess I'll see you after I graduate huh." I said.

"Sure." he answered and reached out his hand. "Welcome on the team."

I took his hand and shook it.