Chapter nineteen - The eradicators

|Urobas POV|
We where sitting down at the grill house. The four young ninja where enjoying every last bit of it. However, the happiness could not last for that long. I had to spill it sooner or later. At this point, rather later however. Didn't want to spoil the mood.

After paying, quite a bit actually, I put my hands on the table and looked at the lot. "We are going on a mission tomorrow. I asked for this assignment specifically for one reason." I spoke to them. "Enough suspense sensei, spill the beans." Niro said impatiently. "Sorry. An assassination squad. They have been menacing the land of fire for a while. However, we are the only ninja whom have encountered them."

"Are you talking about those creeps Yuugure beat up?" Ayaka asked. "Exactly. We have limited intel on them, however we have found the area where their hideout is." I said.

"I may have something to add." Yuugure said. "Yes?" I asked. "They killed my grandfather. Then they hunted me down. I believe you guys are on their hit list as well, since you where with me. Also, they call themselves, the Eradicators." He said.

|Yuugures POV|
So we are out for those blank faced bastards. I'll get them for killing gramps. I'll destroy them. I clenched my fist as I thought to myself. "So, where is the base." Niro asked. Uroba answered, "North from here. About three days of walking, but we can make it faster, can't we?" Instantly Ayaka and Katari both yelled out. "YEAH." Then they started giggling.

"Alright, I will meet you guys tomorrow at ten. We'll meet at the gate. I trust that you guys bring Yuugure along." Uroba said. "Leave it to me." Niro said. "Great, I have to meet with some officials now. See you tomorrow." Uroba said as he left. We all left the restaurant together afterward. "So, what'll we do now?" Ayaka asked. "I don't know about you guys, but I'll go out and train a bit before going to bed." Niro said. "That's no fun." Katari said and pouted. "Well it isn't fun to get beat up and let Yuugure save our asses like last time either." Niro said with a grin. "Any time. Just let me handle it." I said. I noticed Katari blush a bit. "Boys." Ayaka sighed. "Come on Katari, we can go have some fun while the boys are bragging themselves up." She said and grabbed Katari's hand and dragged her away. "Whelp, wanna join in? A sparring match is always nice." Niro asked. "Sure thing. I wanna know if you're strong enough to even hit one of those guys." I answered and smirked. "You're on then." Niro said.

He dragged me along to the training grounds. There where nobody around, except us. "Plenty space. So hit hard, I won't go easy on you." Niro said as he grabbed a kunai knife. "I wouldn't expect anything else." I said. I looked down. Activated my eyes, and looked back up. He seemed baffled at the fact that my eyes had changed color and had gained a pattern. I didn't waver at that. I formed an activation sign. "Ninja art: Chakra diversion" a cloud of dense mist, made of chakra emitted from my chakra points and I disappeared from Niro's sight. However, with my eyes I could still see his chakra circuit. I grabbed 3 blades from my sleeve and formed an activation sign with the other. "Ninja art: Blade storm." As i threw the blades, they multiplied by a tenfold. They flew directly at Niro.

|Niro's POV|
He was fast. Real fast. I had planned on throwing my kunai at him, but he had his inside that chakra cloud before I could do anything. I could use my lightning surge jutsu to flush him out. I prepared the hand signs for the jutsu, but before I could activate it an inferno if blades flew at me. I cartwheeled to the side, then used my kunai to block those that would hit me. I stopped, made the hand signs, and activated. "Lightning style: Lightning surge jutsu." I said and lightning sparked around my kunai. I threw it into the cloud, with a lightning trail following it. Normally it would just cause a medium explosion with electrical surges flying around, but it had an unknown effect this time. As soon as it hit the cloud, the chakra gained the properties of my jutsu. Lightning exploded everywhere in a mighty flash and a roar that blew my hearing off a bit.

When I regained my vision, I saw Yuugure lying on the ground a few meters away from the black spot of the explosion. "Shit, Yuugure!" I yelled and ran toward him. Something felt off, beside the fact that I might have killed him. As I was within 2 meters of him, someone punched me in the chest. It was Yuugure. "Never take your eyes off the target." He said as the shadow clone flew over his shoulder, incoming with a flying kick.

This guy.

|Yuugure's POV|
It was time to improve the shadow step technique. By having a clone as a diversion, I could now reposition all I wanted out of sight. While I had the shadow clone attack him, I made another one to be ready if the other should be defeated. I moved into the trees above, waiting for my moment. The shadow clone made a long punch, Niro dodged it, and then pulled a kunai and sliced the clone into half, then it disappeared. He rested for moment, then the other clone came in for the attack, starting with a high kick. This was it.

Niro had to block this attack, so I flipped around a branch and pushed off. As the clone attacked, Niro blocked it as anticipated, and I came rocketing toward him. "Shadow step, shadow guillotine." I named it midair, as I spun  around multiple times at high speed, and hit him one the shoulder with my heel. On impact, he was knocked into the ground. I stepped back, and let him get to his feet. He glared at me, impressed, but also with a bit of fury. I formed an activation sign and used chakra diversion. Then immediately I stepped backwards and formed the hand signs for a Fireball jutsu. I formed a ring with my thumb and index finger. "Fire style: Fireball jutsu" I said and blew a fireball toward Niro, through the cloud. As it hit the cloud it magnified and burned toward Niro. I followed it to end it with a nightfall kick. However, Niro didn't dodge it.

|Niro's POV|
The massive fireball as flying against me. He would expect me to dodge it, so that is no option. He is too fast for me to beat him just like that, so I'll have to trick him.

I summoned a shadow clone. I used it to throw me toward the middle of the fireball, and as I was flying, I formed hand signs and activated, "Lightning style: jolt kick jutsu." My body enveloped itself in lightning and my velocity increased. Then I repositioned for a flying kick and flew right through the fireball. On the other side however, Yuugure was ready for me. He was lying sideways in the air. "Shadow step, nightfall kick." He said and kicked me on the shoulder. My jutsu cancelled and I hit the ground, hard. He landed next to me, and he said. "Let's stop for now. Your chakra circuit is getting irregular. You'll need all your strength tomorrow."

He was right. That jutsu had drawn a lot of my chakra away. It wouldn't be wise to continue. "Say Yuugure, be honest. Do I have a chance? Can I protect them?" I asked. He was silent for a bit. "You're smart. You're quick thinking. You know some great, and powerful jutsu. However, you lack strength. The two of us are two sides of the same coin. I'm a strong fighter with little experience sand a grave lack in techniques, but you are wise and you know some great techniques. Yes, you can protect them, but you can't protect them and yourself." He said. I sat up. "But then let me protect you. Together, we will keep them safe." He said and reached out his hand. I took it, and he helped me up. "That chakra cloud of yours. It seems to be able to manifest itself upon any elemental chakra it comes into contact with. We should be able to use that to our advantage." I said and looked over at where it had exploded from my lightning surge jutsu. It had left a crater. I couldn't imagine the damage anyone inside would sustain. "Let's work together, and keep team twelve running." I said and smiled.