Chapter eleven-The truth about Katari

|Katari's POV|

How could she. My best friend. How could she betray me like this. Ayaka, why would you put me in so much pain.

|Flashback|

I was sitting in the bushes. I could see Yuugure and Ayaka. "I know, but I had to get revenge, and most importantly, I couldn't bring you in danger." Yuugure said. It seemed like she was glad that he cared about her, because she was blushing. Then she turned around and kissed him. I couldn't believe it. She was kissing the one I was in love with.

I turned away, and headed back to sensei and Niro.

|The real world|

Ayaka, you traitor.

As we entered the gate, Uroba sensei asked for our attention. "Alright. The plan is as follows. I'll report to the hokage, you guys go home and rest. We will meet at the training grounds tomorrow morning." Uroba said. Me and Niro left to go home. Ayaka stayed by sensei and Yuugure.

I had only reached about 80 meters when I heard a voice from behind. "Katari! Wait up!" Ayaka yelled. Oh yay, the traitor wanted to follow me home. On the other hand, we lived right next to each other.

Ayaka caught up to me. "Did you see Yuugure fight off those ninjas." Ayaka asked. "No." I replied. Then she began to tell me about how amazingly Yuugure had fought, but she didn't mention anything about kissing him.

When we where just outside our homes she asked: "Is something wrong Katari? You haven't said said anything all the way home." I couldn't take it anymore. I began to cry. "Katari?" She began but I pushed her into the nearby wall. "Of course something is wrong! I saw it, I saw it all! How you hugged him and, and how you made out with him!" I yelled. "You should know how I feel! You should know that I think he is handsome, and cool, and amazing. I'm in love with him Ayaka! I'm in love with Yuugure!" I yelled.

I let her go and went to my house. I unlocked the door, opened it and closed it. Then I locked it an ran into my room. I turned on the lights and jumped onto my bed. I buried my face in my pillow and cried. How could she.

|Yuugure's POV|

"Yuugure, I need you to come with me." Uroba said as Niro and Katari had left. "Then I guess I'll see you later. Bye Yuugure, bye sensei." she said and ran off waving. "Shall we?" Uroba asked.

We went to the hokage mansion. We where walking through the hallways when we may a girl in a kimono. She had black hair and was followed by a pig with a pearl necklace. "Hello Shizune. Is the hokage in her office?" Uroba asked. "Yes, I think you can go right in." She said and smiled. Then she continued down the hallway and so did we.

We stopped outside a door. Uroba knocked and a female voice came from inside. "Come in!" We entered the room. In the middle of the room the hokage say behind a desk. She was wearing a green coat and a bandage like shirt. She had blonde hair, brown eyes and a purple mark on her forehead. "Ah, Uroba. I see you're bringing a new face." the hokage said. "Yes lady Tsunade. This is Yuugure. He wants to join my team." Uroba said. "What is your surname, and where do you come from boy?" The hokage asked.

"I... I don't have a surname, not what I know of anyway, and I have been living with my grandpa in the woods of the land of fire until today. And he is dead now, along with my home being destroyed. Lady hokage." I said. She sat thinking for a while. "I can't just let anyone join the Konoha ninja force. You'll have to pass the genin exam. You will have three days to study." the hokage said. "I hate to bother you further, but my home was destroyed, so I would be very grateful if you had somewhere I could stay temporarily." I asked.

The hokage then grabbed a pen and scribbled down an address. "Show this to my secretary Shizune and tell her to give you the key. Don't worry about the rent for now. I'll take care of that." She said. I bowed. "Thank you very much." I said.

We left the room. Uroba went home and I walked around trying to find Shizune. Then I bumped into someone. The person was varying a lot of documents that she dropped when she fell. "Sorry." I said. "It's okay, if you'll help me pick this up." a female voice said. "of course I replied. I began to pick up the documents. I still hadn't seen the persons face. Then something licked my hand.

It was the pig with the pearl necklace.