Chapter fifteen-Shopping

The next day I heard Someone knocking on the door. Who could it be this early. I rose from my bed and stumbled to the door. I opened it and Ayaka and Katari was standing there smiling. I was standing there in the door. My eyes baggy and my hair a mess. I was also only wearing my old T-shirt. It was pretty awkward. "Hi!" they said simultaneously. "Hi, do you know what time it is?" I asked. "About 2 I think." Ayaka answered. "Oh." I said. "You look like you just woke up." Katari said. "That is because that is exactly how it is. By the way, how do you know my address?" I asked. "Uroba sensei told us of course." Katari said. "I see, well come in please." I said and stepped out of the way. "Actually we came to get you. We decided to help you out and go get you some new clothes." Ayaka said. "You guys?" I asked. They nodded. "Ok, but I haven't showered." I said. "Oh, well we can wait." Katari said and blushed.

We stood at the clothes store. I was feeling off in every way. I didn't have fancy clothes. I had a burnt coat and a pair of dirty pants and a T-shirt. The girls said that they would pay for me, and they said that it was a welcome on the team gift. Although I didn't like it that they paid for my clothes. But since I'm practically the new member, I guess I'll give them the pleasure. But I'll have to pay them back at some point.

"So, what do you want to wear?" Katari asked. "Uh, well I've never really had such a choice, but I guess just some pants and a shirt." I replied. Katari looked a bit disappointed. "I don't want to rip you off of your money either." I said. "I see." Katari said, clearly disappointed. "I'll go find something." she said and left.

Ayaka jammed her elbow into my bottom rib. The air left my lungs with a loud "umf" and I bowed down. "Jeez, at least try to make her a little happy. You could at least have let her search out something." she said and turned away.

"Sorry, I'm kinda... bad with people... and stuff." I said between my coughs. I got up. "you packed quite a punch there Ayaka." I rubbed the spot she hit me. The pain was fading away slowly. "S-Sorry." she said and blushed. "No problem." I said. Katari returned. She had brought back a plain T-shirt and a pair of normal jeans. She was smiling again. "Will this fit?" Katari asked. "don't you think they look a bit boring?" I asked. She looked at me a bit confused. I felt Ayaka lift her hand to merge my face with the floor. "I mean, I'm not a fashion expert, so maybe you could find something that suits me more?" I said. Katari's face beamed with glee as I spoke. "Really? CAN I!" she asked very excited. I nodded. She grabbed Ayaka's hand and dragged her along. "Come on Aya!" she said and they dissapeared. I had been left behind. I stood and thought about the exams. Suddenly it hit me. What if I didn't pass. I wouldn't be able to stay in the village. I had to stop reading that scroll about the Uchiha's and focus on the Bunshin no jutsu.

[shadow clone technique]

After two hours of trying on clothes we made the decision that I needed a green shirt and a pair if blue pants. Of course I kept my coat. I walked the girls home and then went back to studying. I had to get this right.

The day had gone and the night had fallen. It must have been midnight when it knocked on my door. I opened it to find Niro standing outside. "Come with me." he said and walked off. Wondering why he suddenly wanted me to follow him after ignoring me all the time, I grabbed my coat and locked my door. Then I followed him. He went into an alley and I followed. As soon as it was impossible to see me from the streets a kunai was being pressed against my throat. Niro was nowhere to be seen. Did they get him too. "Now, team member, let's talk." Niro said.

Niro was the one that assaulted me.