A Pirates Life for me

I woke up and the first thing I thought of was Jack and the hanging, I had had barely any sleep that night, purely because I was too worried that something was going to go wrong. What if Jack didn't escape, and he died, I'd never forgive myself.

    I got up and decided to get changed early. The hanging wouldn't be for at least another hour, so I had time to look my best. I fought the urge to wear some loose and comfortable attire, but if I was to not raise suspicion, then I should just wear a dress. I'd probably have to stand next to the Commodore and my Father, and they wouldn't approve at all.

    One thing was for sure, I was not wearing one of those damned corsets, I almost died last time I wore one, if it weren't for Jack I would've. Oh Jack. He didn't have to save me, then this whole thing may not have happened, but he did anyway, because he's a good man.

     I put on the dress that I was going to wear. No dresses appealed to me anymore, but I'd just have to deal with it, for today at least. If all went well I'd never have to wear one again. I also took my sword, discretely.

    I went into Elizabeth's room to see she had just put on her dress, I could tell she was wearing a corset aswell, she was studying herself in the mirror.

    "Why are you wearing a corset?" I asked.

    She turned around shocked.

   "Hazel! Do you ever knock? You scared me!"

   "Sorry," I chuckled sheepishly, "But seriously, why?"

   "Well, it makes me look better, and I want to impress Will," she sighed.

   "Elizabeth, you don't need a corset to impress Will, he's head over heels in love with you! He doesn't care what you look like," I explained.

   "You think?" she asked.

   "I know, besides, I almost died in one of those things," I laughed. She smiled but shrugged.

    "Well, it's a bit too late now, if your going to save Jack we should make our way to the hanging,"

   I nodded sadly. I still didn't know what the hell Will was going to do, I didn't know how I could possibly help.

   "Let's go," I sighed as we walked downstairs.

     Father was looking out of the window, pondering his thoughts. I I were to leave that day, there was a chance that I wouldn't see him for a very long time. I knew that I couldn't be mad at him, it wasn't his fault after all.

      "Girls, you look lovely," he smiled as he saw us. I could tell that he was sad though, knowing that I would be mad at him.

    I smiled at him and continued on to the carriage, I think it surprised him and made him a little happier. He sat next to Elizabeth as I just stared out of the window during the journey.

    We were all silent during the journey, I saw Elizabeth fiddling with her bracelet the whole way there, I knew that she felt quite awkward between me and Fathers tension.

   When we got there I saw that everybody was already crowding round.

    Father offered me his hand to get out of the carriage and I took it, smiling sadly.

    We then walked up to the arch, where Norrington was stood. He was overlooking the crowd of people, he looked rather deep in thought.

       Me, Father and Elizabeth walked up next to him. When he spotted me he smiled.

    "Ah, Hazel, how are you today?" he smiled, he knew that I wasn't happy about the hanging, as there was a lack of confidence in his voice.

    "Well, and you," I asked, just not to further the conversation.