Would you Have Done it?

When I woke up I could see the sunlight filtering through the curtains. It was considerably earlier than I usually woke up, I guess I wasn't as tired as I thought.

When I got dressed, I decided just to wear a simple dress, I wasn't stupid, and I didn't need people to dress me, so I just sat in my room on my own for a while, overthinking the events of yesterday. How did Mr Sparrow know what the medallion was? Was it of importance? Where was he know? What do I do about Norrington?

I decided that overthinking on an empty stomach was a bad idea, so I went downstairs to join Father and Elizabeth at the table for breakfast.

"Ah, Hazel dear, feeling better?" Father spoke cheerfully.
"Was never bad in the first place, I'm fine," I groaned, sick of everyones' concern for me.

"Well, you'll be glad to know that Mr Sparrow is being held in a prison cell, set for an appointment at the gallows tomorrow dawn," Father chirped.

I almost chocked on my water. Why? He hadn't even done anything, well, I suppose he had threatened me, but they were going to hang him before that anyway.

"Why? What has he done?"

"He threatened you! And he's a pirate!"
"He saved me, I wouldn't be here without him!" I argued strongly.

Elizabeth looked back and forth from us.

"We are bound by the law Hazel dear,"
"He hadn't commited a crime!"
"He's a pirate, piracy is a crime! And he threatened you dear!"
"You were going to hang him anyway!"
"Why do you feel so strongly about this Hazel?" Father inquired.
"Because he saved my life!"
"There is nothing we can do about it Hazel I'm sorry,"

"Don't give me that pathetic apology," I spat.

Father looked bewildered.

"Don't use that tone with me young lady!"

"Shut up," I groaned. I stood up and made my way out.

"Hazel where are you going?" Father spoke, suspiciously and concerned.

"To the prison, in going to give him some food," I decided. I wasn't going to let anyone change my mind, and Father knew that, so he just scoffed and let me go. Elizabeth looked disappointed, who is she to judge, she's the perfect little princess isn't she. It frustrates me sometimes!

I marched to the kitchen, to be met with a chef.

"Hazel, we already made you food, it's on the dining room table," a chef smiled, she had a slight Spanish accent.
"Yes sir, I'm very hungry that's all," I lied, taking a small loaf of bread and pocketing it, leaving the man confused beyond belief.

I made my way out of the house, unintentionally slamming the doors behind me. I walked across to the prisons and saw that Murtogg and Mullroy were guarding, this would be easy, they were two bumbling idiots.

"Miss Swann," the both bowed.
"Murtogg, Mullroy," I greeted.

They granted me access and I slowly made my was down the steps, looking down as I did so.

When I made it to the bottom, I saw multiple aligned cells. I walked along.

In one there was a group of men begging for the key, and in the next was the same dreadlock-headed man from yesterday.

He was lying down with his eyes closed, humming a tune and moving his hands around in the air.

I cleared my throat and he looked up slowly, opening his eyes a little.

"You again," he said, laying back down on the hay covered floor. Bit of a ride way to greet someone who's brought you some food.

"Yes, I brought you some food," I spoke a little nervous, I don't know why.

He sat up fully and raised an eyebrow.

"May I enquire as to why?"

"You saved my life," I smiled. He nodded in understanding as he stood up and came to the bars.

"Aye, Hazel Swann is it?" he asked.
I nodded again, passing the bread through the iron bars. He took it and broke a piece off, offering it back to me.
"No, I've eaten, I brought it for you,"
"Thank you," he smiled, nibbling a small piece.
"Where did you get the medallion?" he asked again, raising an eyebrow.

"My sister stole it nine years ago, from a friend, why?" I answered.
"No reason, just interested,"

After a few moments of comfortable silence, I decided to speak up.

"How did you get caught?"

"Well," he cleared his throat, "I made my way to a blacksmith, to try and get rid of the irons, and to get a sword, I broke the irons, and after a young man returned and we had a sword fight, I beat him, and then some man from behind smashed a bottle on me head, savvy?"
"The great Captain Jack Sparrow, beat in a sword fight," I teased. He groaned and ate more bread, sitting down.

"He didn't beat me, it was another man, I could've shot him," he explained, I shook my head.

"You're the governors' daughter?"
"Yes I am," I sighed. It wasn't always a good thing, as much as I loved him.
"And that was your sister yesterday?"
"Yes that was Elizabeth," I explained.
"I see, you're prettier than your sister," he smiled.

A smile, not a grin or smirk, surely he was messing. Just looking for a whore to keep him company.

"Jack Sparrow I have no interest in keeping you company for the night," I spoke firmly.
He opened his eyes and narrowed them, standing and walking to the bars again.

"I wasn't asking that of you love, it was merely a complement," he explained.

I felt a little stupid, and bad, I had misjudged him, I saw no trace of offence, but I still felt bad.

"I'm sorry, I just thought that because you're Captain Jack Sparrow that would be what you wanted,"
"No love, but I'm not surprised you thought so," he chuckled. He had quite the ego, I had realised.

Suddenly, I heard a massive bang, that shook the whole building. I retracted my hand from the bar.

"I know those guns!" he exclaimed, jumping up on the bench and peering out of the peep hole.

"It's the pearl," he grinned.

The Black Pearl. Famously Captained by Jack Sparrow.

"The Black Pearl, she's been raiding ships and settlements for near ten years, never leaves any survivors," a man in the neighboring cell quivered.

I internally face palmed, what about the stories?

As if Sparrow read my mind, he said,
"Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"

The man in the next cell looked confused to say the least, Sparrow continued to keep watching the pearl, I heard several more cannons being shot and commotion outside; I hoped everyone was okay and nobody was injured. I began to worry about Elizabeth and Father, wondering if I should have left.

Sparrow hopped down from the bench and turned back to me, just before an enormous cannon ball flew through the other cell, leaving a small opening for the other men.

"My sympathies friend, you have no manner of luck at all, unless you can get your lady friend to get you out," they laughed as they jumped through the hole.

Sparrow stared longingly out to the bay, at the intercepter.

"I'm sorry Mr Sparrow, I've already tried to convince them to let you go, they won't do it because you're a pirate,"

"I know love, it'll be alright, I'll escape somehow,"
"Like you did yesterday?"
"No, I mean for good, and then I'll go and retrieve my pearl," he grinned, placing his hat over his eyes.
"You seen very confident Mr Sparrow," I smirked.
"Ahh well you see....." he was cut off by the sound of talking at the top of the stairs.

"Hide!" he whisper yelled, and I took position around the corner of the walls under a bench.

Footsteps could be heard coming down the steps, and I could feel myself growing nervous. Their voices didn't sound friendly. Perhaps they were Sparrows' friends, and that's how he was planning to escape, but somehow I doubted that. I steadied my breathing to make minimal noise and listened in to the impending conversation.