Chapter Twenty

''So then what happened?'' Cameron asked Dad. After I showed him the cave we mucked about in the water for another hour until we came back to mine for dinner. Dad was currently explaining how I chucked a coffee table at Merrick last night, now my brother has a fractured arm. I rolled my eyes and Mum snickered, I glared at her and she stopped but kept smiling.

''Then Meredith walked out the house with Ri following behind. They headed straight for the school and Ri used her new gift fire to burn down the maths and science classrooms. We called your Dad and he flipped over the phone but there was nothing anybody could do, we just managed to get them away before the fire brigade turned up'' Dad explained and Cameron shook his head.

''Why maths?'' Cam asked me taking a sip of his coke. My family laughed and I scowled in return. 

''Because it's pointless, I hate maths!'' I grumbled, Cam chuckled and kissed my temple.

''You staying tonight Cameron?'' Mum asked as she started clearing the plates away. 

''I can't, there's a new wolf in town and we have to welcome him into the pack'' Cam said tersely, I frowned. Jason didn't seem that bad, he seemed pretty nice when I met him. 

''What's wrong with Jason?'' I asked, Cam scowled. 

''He likes you'' He growled my brother's choked on their steak pie. I rolled my eyes. That was a total lie, Jason did not like me we only met today. Cam could get so jealous at the tiniest things!

''What?!'' My brothers shouted, I rolled my eyes. Oh dear God here we go, they're all so over protective. 

''Would you all relax, all the guy said was hi and introduced himself'' I groaned at the lot of them, Cam still had the scowl on his face. 

''He still liked you'' Cam said again.

''He better not'' 

''What if he goes after her?'' 

''Exactly my point!'' 

''He shouldn't be aloud into the pack'' 

''What's his family like?'' 

''That's the weird thing, he doesn't have one''

I left them to their bickering, it was hopeless to try and reason with them. Jason was a good guy, and that lot just misunderstood him. I helped Mum wash up the plates before going back into the dining room and sitting down next to Cam. They had finaly stopped their nonsence about Jason.

''Can I come see'' I asked Cam, he looked deep in thought when I asked him but turned to look at me. 

''See what?'' He asked confused, I giggled. 

''See Jason be welcomed into the pack'' I said brightly. He scowled and shook his head. 

''No'' I pouted, why not? Was this about his jealousy thing again? 

''Why?'' I asked. He shook his head.

''I don't want him drooling over you that's why'' He said angrily, I knew the anger wasn't aimed at me but I was still annoyed. 

''You're over reacting'' I told him but he still shook his head. 

''No Assyria'' He said firmly. My brothers sucked in a breath. 

''Ouch sis, full name!'' Zale snickered.

Right, I was going to that damn thing even if it kills me. Bring on the puppy dog eyes! I stared up at Cam and he still held the scowl on his face. I looked right into his gorgeous eyes and he narrowed them at me questioningly. My brothers gasped, they knew exactly what I was doing.