Chapter Twenty-Five

••• Assyria Widimer •••

It's been a month since I got that letter and I haven't heard from him since. Nothing. Every time the mail would come I'd run over hoping to find another letter from him. Nothing. It took me weeks to convince that the letter wasn't important to my family and Cameron.

Once I'd read the letter over five times to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me, I burnt the letter to make sure nobody else could. How the hell was that bastard still alive?! I distinctively remember burning his body alive along with the rest of his pack, some things you just don't forget. That guy should be dead, how the hell is he still alive? It had to be a rumour, he couldn't really be alive right?

"Your doing it again Ri." Zale said, I looked over at him confused.

"What?"

"You keep spacing out, I've just had a whole conversation with you about Cascada." Oh yeah, Cascada. When I was kidnapped by Simon, Uncle Adriatic brought along his best Mer fighter who just so happens to be a girl, and also the one the Zale is supposed to love for eternity blah blah blah... Even when I found mine I wasn't that bothered but Zale won't shut up. He's like a toddler, with a crush, on crack.

"You're doing it again!" I heard Zale shout in my ear. I rolled my eyes and swiped him with my tail. We were in the water checking the teritory around the pack and our house, they had extended their teritory to the border around our house. Dad didn't want a bunch of wolves in our back garden he had said.

''Assyria!'' Zale screamed at me. I stopped swimming and turned to him pissed, what the hell, he just scared the friggen life out of me?!

"What?" I yelled back at him, Zale narrowed his eyes at me. I turned away not meeting his gaze, I hated lying to them they're my family we do everything together.

"What's on your mind that's got you so distracted?" He asked, I shrugged trying to be casual. I couldn't tell them, they've spent their entire lives protecting me now it's my turn to return the favour.

"Nothing." I mumbled.

"Are you and Cam having problems, wait, I don't wanna know." Zale grimaced holding up a hand, I chuckled at my brother. They all didn't want to know anything about me and Cam, it was a great way to freak them out.

''Hey baby." Cascada's voice floated through the water. We turned and she swam up to us. She kissed Zale and wrapped her tail around his. I gagged and their kiss broke to look at me.

"I could've gone my whole life without seeing that." I shuddered. Is this what it was like for my brothers watching Cameron and I get it on? Cassy laughed and the sound rippled through the water. She was around my height, with long flowing light brown hair and the usual bright blue eyes. She was pretty and we got on amazingly well, mainly because she had a tail and the others didn't. Not that I didn't love the girls, they are like sisters to me, but Cassy gets it better.

"And now you know what it feels like, think how we feel when we have to watch you and Cam make out, which is all the time." He huffed. I laughed and Cassy did the same, she swam over to me and linked my arm in hers.

''Hey give her a break, I know how hard it is to stop kissing you so imagine how it's like for her and Cam?" Both Zale and I pulled a face.

"Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew ,ew!" I swam away feeling sick. That's disgusting, just picturing any of my brothers doing that is gross.

"Are you trying to make me throw up?!" I asked Cassy annoyed. The mermaid simply giggled running her hands up and down Zale's chest and I turned away disgustedly, ew.

"You like it really." She teased as I swam further away. I rolled my eyes at her.

"I really really don't." I shouted back and swam off towards the jetty at our house. I got out and walked back up the cliff path to the house. When I walked in through the front door I was confronted by Alex and Cameron. Well, Cameron was chasing Alex through the hall covered in tomato sauce. I sighed and followed them into the kitchen.

I gasped at the sight, the walls were covered in tomato sauce. Literally the walls and even the bloody ceiling was covered in tomato pasta sauce. What the hell have those two been doing? Mum's gonner kill me! Right on cue, Cameron and Alex ran in laughing, when they looked over at me they froze. I crossed my arms over my chest, oh boy they're in trouble.

"Spill." I hissed at the two of them. They shuffled their feet nervously and looked down. Neither of them spoke. I crossed my arms over my chest