Chapter Three

••• Assyria Widimer •••

We were all sitting in the living room, Dad was giving us a huge speech about the neighbouring wolves and other stuff, I wasn't really paying attention.

''I want you to listen up because this part is important, It's about Assyria and the wolves being at her new school.'' My brothers heads snapped up and I rolled my eyes at their over-protectiveness.

"She's not going.'' Merrick growled. I grinned, well if that's what my brothers really want for me then who am I to stand in their way...

''That's fine by me.'' I smiled, lets just say I was not academically gifted but Mum had other ideas. My mother knew how much I hated school and I don't care what she says I think she's only sending me to school just to piss me off.

''Of course she's going, wouldn't want her missing out on any school work.'' She smiled sweetly at me, I scowled back at her. See what I mean?!

''Fine but Zale and Irvin are both going.'' Irvin frowned. I giggled evily, if I have to suffer then they do as well. My brothers shot me a dirty look shutting me up but I couldn't stop smirking.

''What about Caitlyn.'' Irvin asked Mum. She shrugged in reply as Caitlyn stiffened ever so slightly next to my brother. I could tell by the look on her face that she was not a fan of that idea.

''Well I doubt that she wants to go.'' Mum answered seeing the look on the little human's face as well. Irvin pouted as his girlfriend sighed in releif.

''That's perfectly fine by me.'' Caitlyn said smugly and I scowled at her.

''Anyway what I've heard is the future alpha is a huge player.'' My dad said disgustedly. My brothers did not like this new information. Oh boy here we go...

''Now she's definitely not going.''

''Oh she's definitely going but you two are going to be there to protect her, understand?'' My Dad told Irvin and Zale. They nodded making me scowl. Great so now I have to go to school with two body guards, I'm totally going to stick out this is going to be so embarrassing.

"Right, now get to bed, It's late and you three have school in the morning.'' Mum told us and we walked upstairs to our bedrooms. I crawled under the covers and went straight to sleep.

~*~

''Wakey wakey sleepy head, you've got a big day ahead of you.'' Conway's smug voice sung next to my ear making me groan loudly.

''Go. Away.'' I spat each word wanting nothing more than to sleep forever. I heard the cup of water on my bed side table wobble.

''No Ri, don't you dare chuck that water on me.'' Oops, I didn't even know I was doing it. Conway ripped the sheets away from me and I shrieked.

"Conway give me back my sheets!'' I bellowed at him as he ran out the door with them. I groaned again and got up anyway. Stupid Mer brothers.

I pulled on a pair of black jeans and converse and a small red shirt and my black leather jacket. I quickly straightened my hair and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I had long platinum white blonde hair that hung straight down my back and just over my butt, it was a mermaid trait along with the piercing blue eyes that I had. My skin was creamy and clear and I was quite tall at 5'7, another Mer trait.

''Ri come on we gotta go.'' Zale called from downstairs. I grabbed my messenger bag and ran down the stairs.

''Aren't you eating breakfast?'' Irvin called and I gave him a look. I never ate breakfast, I hated it, eating something in the morning always made me ill.