It Starts With a Boom

"How could you be so irresponsible?!" My father paces angrily in front of me. I simply sit in his office chair with my arms crossed stiffly over my chest. My jaw is locked, and I haven't said a word since he found me in the dungeon.

"James-" My mother starts, but she stops upon seeing my dad's expression. His eyes are burning and both fists are clenched tightly into fists. It's obviously taking him a lot of effort to hold back.This is probably the angriest I've seen him an a long time.

"Atierra, you should not be anywhere near the criminals down there. How you even got down there, I don't know, but I will find out. As for your behavior these past few weeks, I understand why you've been so quiet about the entire situation." He pauses, waiting for me to say something, but I keep my mouth shut. I don't want to even talk to him right now.

After he showed up to see me talking with Aaron he literally dragged me from th dungeon and up to his office. My mother, who probably felt his anger through their mate link, came in shortly after and now here we are. She's not even fully dressed, only wearing a robe over her pajamas.

My father opens and closes his mouth a few times, before pinching the bridge of his nose. He sighs loudly before meeting my hard gaze.

"You're my only daughter, and I won't lose you again." He finally says after a few minutes of him pacing. He breaks the tense silence in the room. My mom's eyes dart between the two of us worriedly, probably not liking the silence.

My father and I are the types of people who like to voice our anger. The current silence is highly unusual and slightly daunting to those who know us personally.

"James, if it were me in the dungeon, wouldn't you try everything you could to at least see me?" My mother suddenly says this which has both of us looking at her in shock. Me because I didn't think she'd come to my aid on this and my father because he didn't think she'd go against him.

"It's not the same and you know it." He states before turning his attention back to me. "As for you, you put yourself in a very dangerous situation and have left me with no other choice. You are not to leave your room." My jaw drops.

"But dad-" I utter my first words, but he cuts me off.

"No visitors unless they come and talk to me about it first. Your meals will be brought to you at eight, one and seven."

"You can't-" I finally try to defend myself, but he doesn't seem to want to hear me speak anymore.

"It's for your own safety! I don't like being the bad guy, but you've forced my hand! Do you understand?" I give him a curt nod and fix my eyes on my feet. I grind my teeth together and blink my eyes rapidly to keep the tears back.

I peer up through my lashes at my mother, and she looks as helpless as I feel. As much as we didn't get along in the past, we seem to have a better understanding for one another. We're more on the same page now than ever before.

"Darling, you know I'm doing ths to protect you." He says in a low voice, but I don't respond. I have nothing to say that could change his mind. He sighs. "Your guards will mostly be Erik and Lawson, since you've met them before. Do not try to sneak out because they have their orders."

And that's how I ended up in my room, lying on my couch, and staring blankly up at the ceiling. One might think, 'why did she willingly go to her room?' Well, being personally escorted by your father and six guards is something I couldn't really argue with.

I've officially been on lock down for a day now, and I can accurately say that I am bored out of my mind. I'm actually bored enough that I might clean. Now, many may think tht's normal, but it's not. Everyone who knows me knows that I, personally, hate to clean unless it's absolutely necessary, which in this it's not, but I have nothing else to do right now.