Secrets

***Terra's P.O.V.***

The next morning, true to my father's words, two guards are standing outside the hospital room's door. Making sure the two of us have at least a little privacy, I warn Aaron ahead of time to watch what he says. He doesn't understand my words until I open the door enough to see them for himself.

On a small side note, I have no doubt these two are also going to be my father's little informers. He may be okay with us being together, but he's still an overprotective father and I'm his only daughter. Now he can keep an eye on us without actually hiding behind a plant... which he's done at least twice now. I haven't mentioned it to him, but really?

"So what's with the monster guards?" Aaron inquires, slowly sliding from the bed. I hurry to his side, just in case he's too weak to support himself.

"My father is doing it for my safety." I reply in a quiet voice.

"Do I get guards?" I shake my head slowly, but then take a few seconds to really think about it.

"Well, you're always with me so they're probably for you too, but if there's a dangerous situation you'll probably be fending for yourself." He pinches my cheek lightly in his fingers.

"I was kidding, but thanks for the concern." I roll my eyes and slide an arm around his lower back for support.

"Just walk." Pushing open the bathroom door, I help him from his paper hospital gown before starting the shower.

"You know, you can join me to make sure I don't accidentally fall." He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively, and I lightly pat his face on my way by him.

"Sorry Hun, but I have to look into a few things. Please, don't hurt yourself." The last thing I hear is his groan of disappointment as I shut the door. "You could have found a better way to tell me I stink!" He calls, easily being heard through the door. I don't even respond as I pull open the outside door, causing both the guards to lower their heads in a sign of respect.

"Please, none of that." I order standing in front of two of them. For me to looks at their faces, I need to tilt my head back. Why did he have to give me the biggest, beefiest men he has?

Aaron calling them monsters is mean, but not far off. They're both massive, standing over six feet, with well defined muscles from years of training and serious expressions. They're both wearing a loose pair of jeans, sturdy boots, and a tight black t-shirt; the typical uniform for the castle guards when "off duty".

"What are your names?" The one on the left with cropped, black hair and steely blue eyes speaks first.

"Erik." The other, with light brown hair and dark brown eyes speaks once I turn my gaze to him.

"Lawson." I nod.

"It's nice to meet you both. Now, this probably goes against all of my father's orders, but I need one of you to stay here to make sure that my mate stays in his room." Knowing him, he'll try to follow me once he's finished with his shower.

The two men look at each other, silently deciding what to do before Lawson moves to stand in front of the door. I smile in relief.

"Just to clarify, I shouldn't let the future prince out of his room." I nod, then realize the truth of his words. I don't think Aaron even realizes that being with me makes him part of the royal family. I should probably let him in on that little bit of information.

"I don't care what you do, as long as it doesn't hurt my mate, to keep him in this room." I turn to Erik. "You're stuck with me then. Come on." I start walking from the medical wing, beefy bodyguard following silently at my heels.