Delay

***Terra's P.O.V.***

I can't seem to stop pacing. The others have long since sat down around the table to watch me worry and talk quietly to myself. Even Aaron, no matter how much I know he wants to hold me close, gives me space and sits with the others. I can imagine wearing a hole in the floor from walking over the same place over and over again.

Currently, we're in one of the larger meeting rooms, the one I used to call the war room, with a long wooden table that's able to hold over fifty people and windows lining the entire North Side of the room. If it were daytime, light would be flooding into the room, but since it's about nine 'o'clock PM the lights have been flipped on to allow us to see. The floors are dark brown wood with pale colored walls that are either a light grey or an off white. On another wall, there is a large map depicting the world and its landmarks plus where all of the different territories for every pack are located. This is large enough to cover half of the wall and with it smack dab in the middle of the space, there isn't anything to either side of it. With less then a dozen people actually in here, the room looks larger then it really is.

 In all, it's simple, large enough to accommodate everyone needed, comfortable for the hours of work sometimes done in here and a great place to reunite with your parents. There are plenty of chairs to throw at them if they're mad and it should give me enough time to escape to anywhere but here. See, I have a plan. Is it a good one? Not really, but I've learned to work with what I have over the past year and I think things have turned out pretty well.

"Terra." I freeze mid step and turn my head to look at my mate. He pushes his chair back and opens his arms. With a weary sigh, run into his arms and bury my face in the crook of his neck. "Relax." He runs his hand up and down my back, actually managing to calm both me and my wolf down. It might be my mate's touch or the fact that I couldn't live with myself if I suddenly lashed out and hurt him. Sure he was hurt pretty bad from the fight, that I caused, but he's just happy I'm alive. I'm pretty happy for that too.

"We're all here for you shorty." Ben says, breaking the silence in the room. I turn my head slightly to look at him over Aaron's shoulder. His hair is tousled, probably from sleeping on part of the way here, and he has his feet propped up on the table. What's funny is my mother would kil him if she were here. The reassuring smile on his face, as well as all of the others, instantly makes me feel a little better knowing people will have my back no matter what happens. Even Hannah and Collin, who I barely know, give me a nod as if to tell me they're here if I need them.

Looking closer, I notice the small similarities between the two such as the same face shape and the same nose. Hannah has pale, green eyes and light brown hair that is almost blond while Collin has deep blue eyes and dark brown hair. Only glancing at them, you'd never guess they're related and if I remember correctly, Hannah is older by two years.

"So when is the jerk coming back?" Skye asks and I sit back in Aaron's lap to look at him. Bryn is curled up in his lap, almost like I am, but the only difference is that she's asleep. I don't blame her though. If I had a choice, I'd have crawled into bed long ago. It's been a long day, but there are still some things I have to do.

"I don't know." I reply. "My dad will most likely be in his office and my mother always liked to turn in early. From here it's not too far, but the initial shock of it all could make them freeze and-" My mate cuts me off by covering my mouth with his hand. I fight the urge to lick his hand.

"You're rambling again." He points out and I smile sheepishly, but he probably can't even see it.

"Sorry, but I haven't felt this nervous in a long time." I move his hand from my face and interlace it with my own hand. "It's not like I got brought home after running away over a year ago." Aaron sighs and leans forward to peck me on the lips.