Lock and Key

I am a horrible person and basically fell of the face of the earth and died. I know I haven't posted in like forever so I'm super sorry for that....

Hopefully this chapter makes up for absence at least a little! However, I have no idea when I'll be posting again. This was something that I wrote because inspiration for it just hit me. So I may not update for another decade or something (hopefully not that long) but hey, I hope you all enjoy!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"You're so sweet."

"Thanks."

"I love you sweetie pie."

"Now you're just sweet-talking me."

"I want to kiss you."No! I want to kill you.

"No matter how many times you try, your true thoughts won't be spoken." Joseph states, looking amused at my attempts to break his spell. He pours himself a drink and offers me a sip, but I shake my head. He shrugs and returns the juice to the refrigerator.

It's silent in the kitchen because none of the usual chefs are bustling around creating their masterpieces. The place that I used to love being in is now a cold and lonely room.

"You're adorable." I grit my teeth in frustration. If only he could read my mind, but wait, he might be able to do that too. I'm still not sure what the full extent of his powers are.

However, anything I say seems to go through a filter before exiting my mouth. I can't say anything bad, depressing or vulgar. Not one word. I can think whatever I want, but what actually comes out of my mouth is utter bullshit. The first thing that came out of my mouth after he cast the spell was 'the weather is amazing, and I wish we could go for a long stoll through town together'. My facial expression must have been priceless because that was the epitome of bullshit.

I found out pretty quickly that his witch ancestry has given him magical powers. Not all descendants are blessed with magic, but unfortunately, he was one of the few gifted the power. So he's the reason that I can't speak normally. I guess I should be happy that Highland didn't get any of the witch's bloodline.

The other thing Joseph so kindly cursed me with is that I can't physically harm him. So, accidentally strangling him in his sleep is now out of the picture. I tried to slap him, but instead I cupped his cheek and told him about the walk into town. Yea, this day keeps getting better and better. What's next, we'll follow the yellow brick road and walk into the sunset happily ever after? I don't think so.

"If my information is correct, no one in the royal pack outside of the castle know what your mate looks like." He starts speaking once again, gaining my attention, albeit begrudgingly. "They only know that you've found him, correct?"

"Of course silly." I make a face and let my head drop to the kitchen table with a thud. It stings, but I'm secretely hoping it knocks some sense into my brain and gets this psycho out of my head.

"I'll never get sick of this." I can hear the smile in his voice as he takes the chair across from me.

Once he placed the spell to keep my virtually silent and tame, for lack of a better word, he lead me to the kitchen for snacks. I have no idea where everyone in the castle has gone, but my best guess is that they're in the dungeon. When I get out of this mess, and I will... I'm going to have a serious conversation with my father about having so many cells. I just, don't know how to fix this yet.