Seeing Red

***Terra's P.O.V.***

The gentle purr of the engine has helped me fall asleep in my nervous state. No one would have guessed I'm freaking out because from the outside I look cool and collected, but inside I'm a mess. Aaron is doing what he can for me, but it's pretty much just holding my hand. That's all we can do since one of us is always driving.

I think it's been a few hours now, but we made a quick stop and changed drivers. Reed, being the doofus he is, tried to argue in favor of me staying the driver, but neither of us would have it. He reluctantly took the lead, since no one else knows where to go, with Aaron following and the other cars behind us. As soon as I settled into the seat, I seemed to just pass out. I welcomed the sleep, knowing I need to be fully awake to deal with everyone at home.

The radio is softly playing in the background and I eventually just open my eyes to stare out the window. I watch as forests and cities go by, also noticing how the sun is traveling across the sky as the time goes by.

I see a lot of familiar places becoming more and more frequent, which in turn makes my heart start to beat a little faster.

"We're almost there." Aaron tells me, keeping his voice soft. I tiredly rub my face with both hands and angle my body to face him. He gives me a small smile which I can't seem to return properly. Mine is more of a frown.

"I know." I look over his face, taking in his strong jaw, full lips and slightly crooked nose all in shadow of the setting sun. "Aaron," I start, but hesitate on my next words. He waits patiently for me to finish speaking and grabs my hand in his once again. The gesture of comfort gives me what I need to say the few words I've never said to anyone before. "I'm afraid."

"There's nothing to fear angel. I'll be by your side the entire time." He assures and makes a turn onto the all to familiar road. My heart starts to beat a little faster and I take a deep breath.

"I know, but if anything happens-"

"Nothing will happen." He turns his head to look at me, long enough for me to see the truth shining in his eyes.

"You don't know my parents like I do. Someone has to take the blame and they probably won't accept that I left on my own. It always has to be someone else's fault. I know my mother and I don't necessarily see eye to eye, but she cares enough to think I wouldn't leave voluntarily. Does that make sense?" He shakes his head slowly.

"So you think they'll blame me or my pack for everything."

"Honestly, I don't know, but I want you to understand that no matter what happens, I love you." He lifts my hand and kisses the back of it.

"You know I love you." Of course I do. He's told me every single day since we mated. How could I forget it when he's always whispering things in my ears every time we're alone? Each time he touches me, he makes my wolf crazy, but I love him. That is something that will never change.

I stare out the front window where I see the first traces of my home. The tall, stone turrets pierce the darkening sky and I picture a guard stationed in each room with either guns or bow and arrows, depending on their preference. The walls are mostly stone, all of it looking somewhat new even with the weather.

As we get closer, more and more of my home becomes visible and I watch my mate's expression turn awestruck. If you've never been here before, your face is pretty much the same as Aaron's.

We finally reach the beginnings of the town settled below my home where our entire pack lives their day-to-day lives. Their houses are scattered over the large amount of land we have, but the stores are all in this general area. All of the buildings are also made of stone and give the town a homey and even old fashioned feel. It's definitely a nice place to live, especially since everyone is really nice. Though, that could be because I'm the princess and if they're nice to me I'll give them special privileges. I tend to stay away from these people once I know who they are.