07: So Why are You Doing This

▂▂▂▂▂▂
Aurora ☪︎
▂▂▂▂▂▂

Chapter 07: So Why are You Doing This [Edited]

"Happy Halloween bitches!" Emrie squeals in excitement as she jumps up and down. There's no question that this is definitely her favorite holiday. "And I say bitches in the most endearing way." I can't help but giggle at her saying curse words. She doesn't do it often, but when she does it sounds cute with her accent.

"Happy Halloween!" Nisha says back with a grin while scribbling down some notes. She's majoring in chemistry right now but I think she wants to switch to environmental sciences.

"Yeah happy Halloween," I reply dryly before going back on my phone. I only slept for a few hours last night which isn't surprising but now I have a horrible headache. It's not unusual for me to get them, but this one is more intense than the ones I've gotten in the past.

What made it worse was that I started to freak myself out when I thought I heard voices. My mother's definitely, but two others that I can't decipher yet. I couldn't understand what they were saying, it was all soft-spoken and their words kept jumbling together.

Emrie frowns at me and throws one of her pillows, hitting me in the face. I throw the pillow back while shooting her a dirty look. "Where's the pep in your voice, Rora? Come on you can do better than that."

"Okay, fine. Boo!"

"Ugh, you're no fun."

"It's my specialty," I say sarcastically and giving her a forced grin. Halloween isn't exactly on my top five favorite holidays list. I think it's pretty boring and quite strange. I mean, who made up the idea to knock house to house to get some candy from a stranger?

"Anyways, Irene is coming in a couple of hours so start cleaning up your messes, I can't impress her with my room when your dirty clothes and random crap on the floor." She says, gesturing to all the things on the floor to prove her point.

"I'm injured, remember, Nisha has to clean my stuff up." I groan in fake pain, pointing to my ribs and cast. Honestly, they've been healing well, it's been five weeks now so I'll be getting my cast off next week and my ribs should be almost perfect by then too.

"Aurora stop lying, get off your bed and pick up your crap now!" Nisha scolds, giving me a look. She sounds exactly like my mother which is quite concerning. My eyes widen slightly at both of the looks on their faces, deciding it would probably be best if I listen.

"Okay okay, jeez."

☪︎

"Irene, meet Nisha and Aurora. Aurora and Nisha, Irene." Emrie introduces while holding hands with Irene and the other holding Irene's costume. To say she's beautiful is an understatement.

Everything Emrie described her to me was insanely accurate. The wide doe eyes, freckles on her face, tan skin, and tall figure. The only thing that doesn't match the description I got of her last time is the long lavender hair. She's wearing a black cami with an oversized light blue flannel. Her denim skirt matches the color of her flannel as well with fishnets and heeled boots to complete the look.

"Hi!" Irene beams, and just like that the room fills up with double the happiness, coming in for a hug for both Nisha and I. I try my best to hug her back seeing as my cast is in the way but she seems to not mind it, or care. I have a feeling that Emrie had warned her about my injuries seeing as she's so gentle with me.