05: So Much More than Simply a Princess

▂▂▂▂▂▂
Aurora ☪︎
▂▂▂▂▂▂

Chapter 05: So Much More than Simply a Princess [Edited]

My heart seems to forget how to beat when the light from the streetlamp shines on a pair of familiar golden eyes. He stops, putting his hands up in front of him in a 'Chill, I won't do anything' way. I press my lips into a tight line, trying to figure out what I should do.

On one hand, he did kind of save me, you know with the whole calling the ambulance for me. But does that automatically make him a nice, safe, guy? I mean who the hell just randomly walks around campus at 3 in the morning?

Oh wait, I do.

Hesitantly I decide to speak. "Hi?"

"Hi." He lets out a slight chuckle that fills the entire atmosphere instead of the regular silence. He seems to think that me saying hello was a sign of trust so he begins to take a few more steps towards me.

Slowly but surely the blanket of darkness couldn't hide him anymore and instead the rays of artificial light from the street lamps shine onto him, revealing his full self.

The first thing that comes into mind is, wow. Not really a wow you look like a photoshopped out of this world supermodel, but more like wow you look so much more different when you don't have my blood all over your shirt while trying to save me.

He's dressed what I'd like to say is any other guy out there. Some black skinny jeans, ripped at the knees, pairing with a light grey long-sleeved shirt.  His charcoal dark hair seems to be the same as the last I've seen him three weeks ago. It's a bedhead style but in a really cute messy way.

His facial features are sharp and prominent which makes it stand out. Sharp jawline, high cheekbones, full pink lips. His light skin brings out more of his unnatural golden-colored eyes. Though he has smaller eyes and rather shorter lashes, his glasses enhance his looks. I don't remember him having glasses the first time I saw him. Then again, I was on the brink of death to notice any details.

I can't stop staring at his eyes, they're hypnotizing in a way. It's such a coppery, liquid gold shade but looks so clear at the same time. Though there's something so much more than just the color. Those eyes know something that I don't.

"It's a little late to be up and outside don't you think?" he asks, breaking the silence. I don't answer right away, so he takes this as the time to come up to where I was laying down and sits. His eyes never leave mine and stares at me with an expectant look to answer. "You know, I don't bite."

I blink a few times before slowly making my way to him, now standing a few steps in front of him. Not really confident that he's the safest guy, even after the 'Oh I don't bite' line.

"It depends on who you ask," I finally answer.

"Okay. So why are you up?"

"Why are you?" I retort.

His eyes widen slightly, tilting his head to the side as if he's thinking about what he's supposed to reply to me. For another moment, silence took over. It's as if we mutually agreed to wait it out until the other person responds, without us even talking about it. "I don't know." He shrugs.