18. Nate - 5: Meet the Girls (CGD)

This girl was starting to drill on my nerves. First she inserts herself into my life and next she’s demanding information. Resting my head in my hand and leaning on the couch, I watched Peyton pace in front of me impatiently.

“Iris and Lily,” she presented for the fifth time.

I resisted the urge to shrug. “I said I don’t know.”

Peyton nodded quickly while still pacing. “I know. She never mentioned her favorite flower?”

This was not the first time this question had been asked either. It wasn’t like Ariel and I spent every day together. We had a few moments in passing on and one major moment later on when we were older. It wasn’t like I was going to waste my time by talking. I had assumed I would’ve had time for that later on.

“Sorry that never came up,” I answered sarcastically.

Someone knocked on my front door and Peyton stopped pacing immediately. She sent me a questioning look but this time I did shrug for an answer. I had no idea who would be stopping by. Peyton stalked over to the door and I spied Sean enter into my apartment. They exchanged a greeting before Sean joined me in the living room.

“Hey, are you ready for tonight?” Sean plopped down on my loveseat and Peyton leaned on the loveseat behind him. She sent me another questioning look. I had to think for a few minutes what Sean even meant. And then it clicked.

“Aw, is it Wednesday already?” I had completely forgotten about my little weakly tradition with Sean. It had started as a coincidence about a month ago and we just kept it up now because we could.

“Yes,” Peyton answered still obviously confused.

Sean glanced back at her and explained, “We got to a movie every Wednesday.”

Peyton suppressed a smile unsuccessfully. “How very feminine of you both.”

“It is not,” I argued.

She glanced my way. “You have a date every Wednesday to go to the movies.”

Sean shook his head in disapproval. “Women never understand.”

“We certainly don’t,” Peyton agreed.

Suddenly I thought of the girls Peyton was harping on me meeting. That was supposed to happen tonight.

“Sorry Sean, we’re busy tonight,” I said suddenly. Sean looked over at me hurt and confused.

“No we’re not,” Peyton corrected surprisingly. “Go have your boy bonding time.”

“Why don’t you join us?” Sean suggested nicely.

“No thanks,” she denied. “But can I speak with Nate privately before I leave?”

“Sure,” Sean replied making no attempt to get up. I sighed and new that he wasn’t going to move for me. I moved from the couch and followed Peyton to wherever she wanted to go. She went into my guest bedroom where Pyro was sleeping on the big bed.

“How much does he know?” she asked almost right away.

I sighed half ashamed of my answer. “He doesn’t know anything.”

She just nodded in understand. “Okay, well tomorrow we are going to Manhattan to meet Iris then Queens to meet Lily.”

“Tomorrow?” I asked confused. Surely we were going to see the girls tonight so I thought Peyton was prolonging our meeting with those girls. “I’d thought we would go after the god party.”

“You thought wrong,” she said easily. “The party is a week away and I am not going to waste precious time.”

“You just want to set me up with the right person so I forget you and this god party, then you won’t have to take me,” I replied crossing his arms defiantly. That totally made sense and it would get her out of taking me. She did not seem the least bit excited to have to take me when her grandfather suggested it.