At Long Last

7/30/19

Henry gasped in shock as he heard a hissing, sputtering sound. He turned to see the reel burning up, a hole right through it. The tape of the reel began to tangle and rip as the screens slowly fizzled out until no more light remained on them. Somebody had shot the reel and the reel only. His chance to kill the Ink Demon was gone, destroyed before his very eyes! Who could've done this? Who could've spared the vile beast?

Beast Bendy laid motionless on the floor for a few seconds. Holes of light had been burned into most of his body, and the ink took its sweet time filling in the gaps and sewing his inky body back together. When his form was complete once more, the demon shook his head dizzily as he staggered to his arms since his feet were too small to hold his body up.

He remembered what happened clearly, what had just been going on. But when he looked at Henry, he saw the old man was no longer staring him down. Rather, the man's attention was directed to the reel. Bendy fought a surge of shocked hope as he saw the motionless reel, a hole right through it and the tape burnt and knotted.

Both Henry and Bendy slowly turned their heads in sync, looking down the entrance hall of the Ink Machine to see who had fired. To see who had ruined Henry's ultimate plans of eradicating the evil demon. To see who had ultimately saved Bendy's life before all hope was lost for eternity. And both of them couldn't believe the sight before their eyes.

A girl with a familiar face. Henry's former co-worker. A gun in her hands. Bendy's darling.

You stood there, panting with amplified panic and fear at the scene that had just been playing before you. Henry had been standing there, your former co-worker that you hadn't seen in ages. He had stood tall and mighty, all victorious at the cowering beast that had been crumpling before him. Bendy had been laying there, completely different in appearance, as his body had been beginning to light up and dissolve into thin air.

Your little devil darling. Your groom. Your eternal love and significant other. Your Bendy had just about died before your very eyes. And that thought scared you to no end. It had sent your mind haywire; it had sent your actions into overdrive as it caused you raise the gun and shoot the deadly reel out of adrenaline-fueled instinct. The gunshot that rang out.

The gigantic beast kept his gaze locked on you as his horns slightly faltered, no longer perked upright completely. His body tense, he began to cautiously approach you, very slowly he moved. You stood your ground, but kept the gun held tightly in your arms. Still, even to you now, his motives were unclear.

He continued to slowly approach you. And, when his giant form got close enough, he leaned down so his large face was level with yours. You looked him straight on, trying to hide your minimal fear and suspicion. However, everything washed away as you heard a voice, one that matched the moving mouth of the beast before you.

"(Y.... (Y/N)....?"

Your eyes widened in awe and disbelief. Your eyes never leaving the face of the demon before you, you slowly crouched down and gently set the gun on the ground. When you stood back up, your hand slowly stretched out towards the beast. However, you slightly recoiled in denial, still utterly in disbelief that Bendy was actually in front of you at long last. Your hand then continued to reach out, coming to gently rest on the side of the demon's head that proved to be real, not a figment or a vision.

"Bendy?" You asked with immense hope. Your eyes were slowly becoming glossy, but no tears rimmed your eyelids yet.

When the demon leaned into your gentle touch, and whispered a soft, "(Y/N)...." once more, you smiled with relieved happiness. Tears formed completely in your eyes, a stray tear of joy slowly trailing down your cheek.

The beast raised his giant hand, delicately wiping away the lone tear with one sharp finger. "Bendy!" You exclaimed with a joyous sob. You leaned towards him, tightly wrapping your arms around his neck and clinging to him with such strength that one would think you would never be willing to let go again. As you cried happily, the demon's large hands came to lightly and very carefully envelop your body.

You could hear shaky sobs of his own coming from the demon. The excessive amounts of ink began to quickly drip off of his large form. You two continued to hug each other through your sobs. The ink continued to wash right off of Bendy's body. And through the hug, you began to feel Bendy growing smaller in stature, but you never let him go.

And, when the last of the ink finally washed off of the demon and landed in the giant puddle of ink that had formed on the floor, Bendy had resumed his normal, smaller form. His ribcage and spine protruding, the small stomach, the arms and legs of normal size, the signature Bendy head with the eternal smile. All that was missing was his bow tie, which had fallen off during his transformation.

Removing your head from his body to look up at him, keeping your arms around his neck, you saw almost the exact Bendy you knew and loved. But although his body had changed since the time you had been separated from him and he had gotten much more skinny and frail, he was still the same little devil darling you knew and loved. You could see it in his smile, the one that no longer jittered with empty emotions and psychotic fear. The one that was finally warm, welcoming, and loving once again.

"Bendy, darling!" You smiled through your overflowing tears of happiness and relief. "Oh my god, I can't believe you're finally here! That I'm finally here!" You reached your hands up and tenderly staked his devil horns, earning a small purr from him.

"Bendy.... I-" You were cut off when Bendy quickly smashed his eternal smile onto yours. You immediately kissed him back. He pulled your body closer until you were flush against him. His gloved hand came up to gently cup your cheek as your hands came to rest on his inky shoulders.

The kiss lasted a long while, and when you and Bendy slowly parted, he placed a gentle ink heart to the knuckle of your left hand before placing his hands on your waist, gently lifting you off the ground as he spun you around once. You laughed as he did so, and when he set you back down, the two of you gently pressed your foreheads together.

At that moment, everything was back to normal. Back to perfection. You were back. Bendy was back. Warmth filled the air, reigniting the flame in Bendy's heart. His hope was back. Warmth filled the air, reviving your tired and weakened soul. Your hope was back. Nothing could ruin this sweet reunion.

"....What the hell is going on?" Henry muttered with intense confusion, scratching his head as he tried to figure things out.

You and Bendy both turned to look at the old man, his perplexed expression priceless. You looked back at Bendy just as he looked back at you. Eyeing the other for a few seconds, you two slowly began to laugh together. His shoulders bounced and your giggles filled the room.

Yes, everything was perfect. The demon, the little devil darling, was finally reunited with his precious darling. A perfect reunion to end it all, to bring back the happiness and love. A perfect end to a bittersweet, tragic tale that would live on through the ages. A perfect end to all of the suffering and desperate searching.

A perfect end. The end.