Rise and Fall

7/24/19, Edited 7/30/19

She watched him from above, observed his every movement. Her eye wasn't only caught by him, though. She was fascinated with the both of them, the man and his wolf, as they continued to venture deeper and deeper into the cryptic studio.

They were nothing more than an objective to her, a main goal. Find a way to capture them, just a way to wrap them around her finger. Get them to do her bidding someway, somehow. Use them to her advantage and, at the last minute, achieve her dreams and desires once the two were separated. This plan was surely going to work.

The old man mindlessly walked into Heavenly Toys. Distracted and seemingly taken aback, he stayed in the main room for a while as he observed the many plushies and cutouts and admired the giant fountain of ink. Just a little more time he gave, and it was all she needed.

She stepped into the booth and prepared the scene in a few quick seconds. She hummed a familiar tune to herself as she moved along, one that echoed through the studio as she momentarily worked by the microphone. And finally, when all was ready, she hid in the shadows and awaited for the old man to pass by. He had to, it was inevitable as there was no other way to continue unless you passed through the room behind Heavenly Toys.

He walked into the room after moving some shelves to open the path. The man jumped when the lights shut off with a loud click. The screens flickered on as static burst through the speakers, soon clearing out into a nice, cute song about the sweet Alice Angel.

Suddenly, the bright old light flicked on in the small booth. The old song continued to play as the old man began to take small, cautious steps towards the translucent window of the booth. And when he got just close enough and the song began to cut out at the best part, she jumped up from the floor.

"I'm Alice Angel!" She roared, picking up exactly where the song left off once it cut out. With a loud huff, she slammed her fists onto the booth window, shattering it instantly as all lights went out at once.

A joyous cackle slowly escaped her lips that were curved up into a devious grin. "I see you there." Alice sneered, her voice echoing into the darkness. "A new fly in my endless web. Come along now. Let's see if you're worthy to walk with angels."

And when the lights slowly faded back on, the angel was nowhere in sight. The speakers were dead silent and the small screens were permanently shut off. All that remained was the old man, still trying to catch his breath over the unexpected jumpscare, and the booth window that was shattered, a giant hole cracked into the middle.

She cackled to herself as she returned to her hideout, preparing for the arrival of Henry and Boris. The bodies were still strapped to tables or floating in the giant ink pool. She placed another dead Boris right at the entrance, the first to be seen. While she waited, she began to dissect another Butcher Gang mutant, and all the while she taunted the duo as she continued to watch them.

"You're so interesting....so different. I have to say, I'm an instant fan. Looks like you've got a date with an angel! Come to me now. Level Nine. Just follow the screams." She sang as they jumped on the elevator.

"Come on, step out of your cage. There's a whole twisted world out here." She whispered as the elevator came to a stop outside her gate.

"Look around. It took so many of them to make me so beautiful. Anything less than perfect was left behind. I had to do it. She made me." She said with a slight crack of pitch in her voice as Henry and Boris stared at the many dissected bodies in horror.

And then he came. Passing through the doorway, while Boris waited behind, was old Henry himself. He approached the apparently brand new translucent window, exactly like the one from the booth before, and eyed Alice who stood inside by a control panel as she drilled into a Butcher Gang clone. She glared at him as she stopped the controls.

"Hm. Now we come to the question.... Do I kill you? Do I tear you apart to my heart's delight?" Alice hummed before smirking, "The choices of the beautiful are unbearable. How's a girl to choose?"

A giggle escaped her lips, but her tone changed into a nasty growl as she pointed at the live toon that was still strapped to the table. "Take this little freak for instance! He crawled in here.... Trailing his tainted ink to my door! It could have touched me! It could have pulled me back!"

She cowered as her sentence ended, her voice changing in pitch once more as the vivid memories of fighting in the suffocating abyss of ink spun through her head. "Do you know what it's like? Living in the dark puddles?"

"It's a buzzing, screaming well of voices!" She roared, her voice going back to normal. "Bits of your mind, swimming....like....like fish in a bowl!"

Alice regained her composure as she locked eyes with Henry once more. "The first time I was born from it's inky womb, I was a wriggling, pussing, shapeless slug." She thought back to her original, more disfigured self, the one with a slightly curvy body and short legs. The one with thin arms, one more disfigured than the other. The one with very small and uneven horns that sprouted from the misshaped head along with half of a hoop. The one with no eyes but held half of a mouth with sharp teeth.

"The second time, well.... It made me an angel!" She sang, gesturing to her new and improved figure. She was more complete, had more of a defined appearance. Her face almost finished and body mostly stable, she was close to achieving a true angel's appearance. "I will not let the demon touch me again. I'm so close now. So....almost perfect." She growled at the mention of the demon, remembering how he fought with her and left her in the ink for dead. And all over her beautiful little pet, too. The sweet girl with a stunning set of looks that would've complimented the angel perfectly.

"Yes. I will spare you. For now. Better yet.... I'll even let you ascend and leave this place. If you will do a few eensy, weensy little favors for me first. Return to the lift, my little errand boy. We have work to do!" She grinned devilishly, slamming a button on the control panel as a metal curtain came crashing down, preventing Henry from seeing through the glass anymore as Alice continued to drill once more.

~~~~~~~~

Bendy admired the many windows of opportunity he was getting at this moment. Henry was running all over the studio, all over the many levels. Using the elevator, using the staircase, crossing through each and every hall, the old man was absolutely everywhere.

The ink demon was constantly watching the rooms and halls, constantly teleporting from area to area via ink portal as he tried to catch Henry in his path. And each time Bendy came close to making contact, the old animator would swiftly spin in his heels and run for it, always leaving the ink demon frustrated and distressed.

The man was smart, Bendy gave him that. Henry would always make his was to a Miracle Station and seal himself inside, knowing all too well that the Ink Demon refused to even touch the things. Bendy hated them, they reeked of the damned angel. Her ink was all over them, her essence always lingering around them.

He wanted absolutely nothing to do with her, but more importantly, leaving Henry in those stations would, as the demon believed, make the man think that Bendy truly didn't want to kill the animator. After all, if he wanted to kill so badly, why would he just leave him be each time he entered a Miracle Station? It didn't make sense, and he hoped Henry noticed.

But no matter how many times he had to try, and no matter how many times Henry would escape a confrontation with either a Miracle Station or the elevator, the Ink Demon continued to try. This was probably his best chance, and giving up wasn't an option anymore. His darling's life was on the line, and there was no way he was letting Henry go. And so he would give chase until the time when Henry descended onto a lower level in the elevator, never to come back up into the demon's territory.

But there was still hope, still a chance to succeed. Bendy was just getting started. After all, what kind of demon would he be if he gave up on his darling a second time?