No More Giving Up

7/8/19, Edited 7/30/19

The ink demon realized he must've been unconscious in the ink far longer than he initially thought. As he went through countless ink portals and staggered down the numerous corridors, he quickly discovered that he didn't exactly remember the studio's layout as well as he used to.

He had once known what stayed hidden by each and every door. He had once known what was sitting around every single corner. He had once known what was lying under all of the dust and ink. But now, not so much. That was a definite. Regardless, however, just because he didn't know which way to turn or which door to open didn't mean he didn't still have his many memories from within the entire studio.

So you can imagine how shocked and taken aback the ink demon was when he came across one particular door, a very important door, and slowly opened it to find the one room that was most connected to him. The one room that had long given him a will to live, more reasons to go on.

The lounge, still in all of its glory, exactly the way it was the day it was abandoned, so to speak. The television, even after all this time, was still on, although showing nothing more than a blank, staticky screen. Empty plates still sat on the table, the same one that was still slightly crooked from when he had fallen back into it in shock. Almost everything was exactly the same.

Bendy felt a strange wave come crashing over him. Seeing the lounge for the first time in ages was definitely nostalgic, yet disheartening and uncomfortable at the same time. The atmosphere wasn't anything close to what it used to be. It was no longer light and relaxing; it was now blank and still, completely devoid of all emotion and heart it once held.

The ink demon knew the exact reason, too. It wasn't hard to figure out. But he had to see, even after all this time had to just check one last time. He approached your door and slowly turned the knob. He wanted to feel excitement, wanted to think you were behind the door, the same beautiful darling he knew.

Alas, when he finally opened the door, there was nothing. Completely empty, no life or remaining beauty to be found. It was exactly as you had left it. The covers of the bed were left disheveled from when you woke up. You had your dirty clothes sitting in a small pile beside your dresser. Folded neatly on the dresser top was your beautiful dress/tux, the one you wore when Bendy swore his life to you, and the one where you accepted his vows.

Seeing that sparked so many memories, and he began to hear voices in his head. Leaving the room in a daze as he absentmindedly closed the door behind him, the ink demon began to receive vivid images from his memories, ones that moved in full, bright colors with such clear quality and distinction.

He saw you dancing slowly with him in the middle of the main room, he in his sparkling black suit and the radio bouncing. He saw you link arms with him as the image of you two walked right past Bendy in real time, walked right out the door. He saw you in the kitchen trying to make breakfast as he stood behind you, arms lightly wrapped around your waist and his chin resting on your head. He saw everything. All at once. He heard everything. All at once.

Bendy's vision became glossy as his world, his very reality, began to swirl and spin around him. He was losing his mind. He didn't know if he was having a psychotic breakdown like he did when he fought with Sammy and Alice or if he was just too overwhelmed with emotions to properly function. Everything seemed so surreal and fake, and for some reason he was having a hard time grasping the fact that these images, these memories, actually used to be reality. His reality, one shared with you.

Things slowly calmed down as the world stopped shifting as he noticed something, one of the things that still remained on the floor just as you and he had left it. The sketchbook, lying messily on the ground right by the wall.