Sammy's Promise

7/24/19, Edited 7/30/19

You slowly opened your eyes, trying to take in the room around you. Slowly processing everything, you took your time to look around and observe everything as you waited for your vision to clear. Your head throbbed and your lungs felt like they had collapsed, making it harder to function.

You could make out the shapes of a few Lost Ones at the far end of the room. A figure sat in a chair at the corner of your bed. You were pretty sure the person was Tom, so the person standing next to him had to have been Allison. At the other side of your bed was another person. They were closer and crouched down to your level. You were excited when you saw Bendy's face, only to soon recognize it as a familiar Bendy mask from a cutout instead.

Eyes widening in fear at the realization, your body jerked as you tried to escape. Sammy grabbed the upper part of your arms tightly as he tried to keep you still. "(Y/N), please stop! Wait!"

"No!" You shrieked. "You tried to kill me! Get away!"

"I'm sorry, alright!?" He yelled as he released your arms and pulled away. "It's really not my fault!"

You sat upright, your back resting against the headrest as you tried catching your breath. You hadn't failed to notice how his voice sounded normal, the way it always used to be. It didn't sound twisted or distorted anymore, it was clear. Not to mention the fact that he apologized, something he never really did, not even when the studio was still up and running many years ago as you often heard from co-workers.

"I can't forgive you." Your nose scrunched in disgust. "You threw me back in the ink and tried to kill me!"

"I said I was sorry." Sammy frowned behind his mask. "If it makes you feel any better, I snapped out of my spasm immediately and jumped in after you...."

"He's actually right." Allison spoke up. "I don't know what was going on, but he tossed himself into the ink just after he threw you. It took him a short while, but he eventually did pull you back out."

"And just where the hell were you and Tom that entire time, exactly?" You growled. "Must be you guys were pretty content with the idea of me being suffocated and then drowned."

"I know how this seems, but we're sorry." Allison frowned. "I know I was mad at you before he came and everything, but that wasn't why I didn't help. When he first lunged for you, we were shocked. He seemed to know you well, where we did not, so we thought it had some justification. But the Lost Ones don't really help anyone, so when they helped you, we knew something was up."

"Okay...." You answered. You didn't know whether to believe her or not. The decision was up to you, though, so you decided for yourself what you thought was correct.

"Look, (Y/N)." Sammy began. "I'm really sorry about what happened. Once you disappeared and he went crazy...." A soft, defeated chuckle escaped his lips, "A lot's happened while you've been gone."

"I can see that, Lawrence." You sent him a small smile. "I mean, I almost didn't even recognize you at first! It's been way too long." Looking at Allison, you politely asked, "Would you mind giving me and Sammy some privacy so we can talk?"

She nodded, taking herself out of the room as Tom and the Lost Ones followed. Sammy sat down on the edge of your bed as you swung your legs out from underneath the covers to sit beside him. "So what happened to you? I'm really worried about you." You told him quietly.

"Bendy drove me to the brink of insanity. I'm not sure if he meant to do it or not." The music director replied calmly. "But he was so worried about you that he overwhelmed himself! He was having a hard time taking the blame and tried to dump a lot of it on me. And he got very hostile when neither of us were able to find you. And when he sealed himself away and I was left all alone again...." He sighed, giving up on his train of thought.

"Sealed himself away?" You asked with worry. "What do you mean? What did Bendy do to himself?"

"He just....gave up, I guess." Sammy replied. "That's the best way to put it. After endless searching and figuring out that Alice knocked you into the abyss, I guess things got the best of him. He became so depressed, and oh, how he changed. Wait until you see him. You probably won't like it."

"That bad?" You frowned.

"Yeah." He whispered his reply. "These long times haven't done him good, that's for sure. And when he sealed himself away into the ink.... He just hasn't been the same. Not to worry you or anything, but the reason I'm down here is because he attacked me."

You frowned at his words, staying silent. You didn't believe Allison when she claimed the Ink Demon had been attacking her and Tom, but to hear it from Sammy himself? Tears formed in your eyes before rolling down your cheeks. "I can't believe she was right."

Sammy's head shot towards you when he heard your weak, cracking voice. "(Y/N)?" He asked worriedly. "What's wrong?"

"But Bendy was so sweet and caring! And he promised me he wouldn't hurt you or anything! So why is he attacking everything?" You sobbed into your hands. Sammy gently shushed you as he wrapped an arm around your shoulder, pulling you into his side in a side-hug.

He wasn't expecting it when you quickly turned and buried your face into his chest as you continued to cry. Sammy hugged you properly nonetheless, knowing that you needed comfort. He had a feeling this was a lot to take in, especially after missing so much for so long. "Hey, it's alright. You're safe! Isn't that what matters?"

"Sammy, please! You have to take me to him!" You begged him through your sobs.

"(Y/N)...." He sighed. "I can't do that!"

"Why not?"

"Because he's dangerous now! He tried to kill me! He even killed Alice when he found out she had held you captive! I'm not sure he even recognizes the difference between friend and foe anymore."

"Sammy, he knows me! He's probably petrified out there! You don't know him like I do! Now, take me to him!" You begged him desperately.

"No!" He replied sternly, his voice slightly louder, but he softened himself as he heard your sobs slightly quicken. "(Y/N), even I don't know what he would do. I can't just throw you into harm's way! We need to find another way, just give this a little more time. Please."

"Why did this have to happen?" You continued to cry, still letting out all of the sadness, distress, hopelessness, and frustration that had been building up inside you for so unbearably long. Your body began to shake and quiver in his comforting embrace.

"I don't know." Sammy replied as he continued to hug you in attempt to calm you down. "But all we can do is sit back and wait for something to happen, wait for an opportunity. Just don't lose hope like Bendy did. We'll find a way, I promise."

'I promise, (Y/N). We'll find a way to fix this. Bendy will be saved, I promise you! You think I'm just going to ignore you two in your time of need?'

'Of course, my lord. (Y/N) is my top priority. I won't let you down, for both your sake and hers.'

I promise....