Epilogue

Ah, I was living a blissful life after that fateful Saturday night of confession two months ago, you know.

Sure, Georgie and Jordan were still the same—bantering about the littlest details one moment and kissing the next—but I was living a good life.

Theirs was a love that was not normal. It was like on an actual ship, really. There were times of calmness, there were highs and lows and there were raging storms which I sometimes feared the most but was getting used to. But I was sure that as long as the two of them could keep the sails open, as long as they could just let the wind of trust and love remain their driving force, they would surely go a long way. Well, at least that was what I hoped for those two crazy individuals.

I had to adjust to going back to my normal routine though. There were no more week-long stay at Ayala (because Jordan and Georgie decided not to marry for now), but I would still go there if Georgie decided to bother Jordan whenever she was bored and it would often end up with her dragging him to go wall climbing or trekking and camping. I was sure Jordan my boy was getting used to a lot of exercise.

He had to learn the Morse Code as well. Ha! It was a joy to spend an entire week with him and Georgie tapping in a language I didn’t understand, but it was one good week. It meant less bantering.

But I was starting to feel a bit lonely, too.

You see, now that Jackie and Georgie were no longer single, they would usually spend some time with their men other than me. There were even times when Jackie would let Georgie or Dannie to drive me even though it was her day to be with me because she and Dean had to go somewhere after office hours—visit her parents or whoever. And the same would happen with Georgie. Jordan would suddenly drop by and tell her they had to go to Manila that very same day after her shift because he had a meeting with suppliers and he wanted her to be there or they would go out of town to visit her family, especially Vivienne who grew fond of him.

Most often, nowadays, it was just me and Dannie. Jackie and Georgie still made sure that they spend a lot of time together, just the three of them.

Jordan was still with the Red Cross as a volunteer, but he had no specific schedule. He could go on duty anytime whenever he had time, which was at least one day a week if they would not go out of town for some getaway, that is.

I could not deny the fact though that the apartment had more life now than before. Almost a year ago, it was just Brian, that sick bastard, singing outside the apartment to serenade Jackie or Troy who would do nothing but bring trouble and frustrations. Now, there were laughter, outdoor barbecues and drinking. Sometimes, Jam would join them if he was home and Jordan finally accepted his presence (it must have been hard).

Troy was still a constant visitor, of course. After that morning talk he had with Dean and Jordan two months ago, he never made a move toward Dannie.

Well, at least that was what I thought of.

He eventually came around AGAIN. Maybe he thought Dannie was no longer facing a problem because everything seemed to be going great for the boys. I thought the same, actually. The boys never talked about Dannie’s mother or anything about her past and her fears. As a matter of fact, it seemed as if it was just a short episode that passed too quickly we could barely remember it. Well, I didn’t even know what the issue was way back because I was preoccupied with my Team Jo ship to really investigate and the boys were very secretive about it. But whatever it was, it was long forgotten by everyone.

Things started to pick up for me and the boys one Sunday afternoon because of Troy.

They were inside the apartment, just the three of them, probably cooking or preparing something for Jordan and Dean when they arrived. Actually, the three of them seemed preoccupied after the mass. They walked out of the church feeling excited as well. I did not mind it, of course, since it was Sunday and it was usually the day Dean and Jordan would drop by for dinner.