Chapter 5

He was thrown back two steps, the Coke now spilling all its contents on the carpeted floor.

“What the hell did you do that for?!” Jordan shot with anger.

George stepped back, massaging her knuckles with her other hand. “I never imagined your face could be as hard as your personality,” she uttered nonchalantly.

“Why the hell did you do that?” he demanded, his eyes ablaze with anger.

George arched an eyebrow. “You just pointed out how you see women. I wanted to prove it wrong in the fastest manner I could.”

He bent down to grab his Coke from the floor and brought the can to his cheek. “Stay away from me.” He pointed with one finger.

“Gladly and with honor,” George answered and walked back to the couch as if nothing happened. “Next time you insult my specie in my presence, gear up.”

Mildred had appeared to the door, looking curious and alarmed. “Is everything all right?”

Jordan did not answer. He was still looking at George with disbelief and anger, the almost empty can of Coke still resting against his cheek.

Mildred stared at George inquiringly when Jordan did not answer. George shrugged. “I am fine. You ask him.”

His secretary looked back at him and he dismissed her by saying, “Go back to work. And where are the files I asked for?”

“I will send them in after an hour,” Mildred answered and closed the door.

“Stay away from me,” Jordan told her again as he walked back to his chair.

“Glad to see a different look on your face for the first time though,” George uttered.

“What do you mean?” he asked, obviously still angry.

“Look in the mirror when you wake up. Then look in the mirror when you are eating your meal. Look in the mirror when you are doing anything. And then look in the mirror when you are about to go to sleep. I tell you beforehand that you won’t see any difference.”

“So you don’t like my face, is that it?”

“Under different circumstances, I wouldn’t even care what you look like. But being with you for a few hours, yes, I don’t like your face. I don’t like all of you.”

He did not look hurt at all. He just stared at her blankly.

“It is not even part of my agenda to make you like me so the feeling is mutual,” he uttered after a while.

“Good. And good thing you have a girlfriend who understands you. Keep her because she might be the last and only person you can impress.”

“Are you doing this on purpose? Are you trying to test my patience, Georgina?”

“I don’t know, you tell me.” She was not feeling the same anger she felt toward him earlier. She just felt that this little disagreement with him was far more amusing than listening to him talking on the phone.

“You’ve been a pain in the ass since we met,” he reminded.

“Who wouldn’t be? You’ve been following me for God knows how long. You’ve been outside my apartment, my work and everywhere I went. I don’t know about you, but that is not a usual hobby one would take.”

“I explained why I did that.”

“Yeah, because I wouldn’t have a meeting with you and you wanted to know the woman your parents wanted for you. You’ve had that opportunity for years when we were in those family parties and when we were in college.”