Chapter 18

“What?” Troy asked incredulously.

Jordan’s face suddenly changed now that he had said it. His face appeared more problematic and he wiped his face with one hand as if to calm himself. Holy Volkswagen, he must have been holding it in for too long and now it was crushing down on him and he didn’t know what to do.

“George?” Dean asked in disbelief, wanting a confirmation.

“Of course, it is George, moron,” Troy shot at him. “It can’t very well be your Jackie or my Dannie.” He then turned to Jordan and asked, “Did you just figure it out or have you been in love with her from the start? But you just knew her!”

Jordan shook his head. He gulped down the rest of his beer as the two other guys waited for his reply. “I have known her for a long time. It’s just that she didn’t know me like I’ve known her. I hear stories about her from her dad, how she would do the exact opposite of what they wanted and all Georgina stuff you all know. Though we never got to talking a lot, I knew her better than she knew me before.”

That left everyone speechless.

The very air was left trapped in my exhaust.

“I know I have liked her since we met years ago. I just never let it get to me. We were not part of each other’s circle. Never really got to know each other in a more personal level like we did this past few weeks, but sure I knew her enough to know she’s someone I could learn to be fond of. I had admired her since I met her when we were in our teens.”

Oh man, the words were rolling out of Jordan’s lips and it was overwhelming!

“And you never told her?” Troy asked incredulously.

“Why? Have you ever told Dannie?” Dean asked him.

“Dannie’s a different case,” Troy snapped, his voice serious. He turned his attention back to Jordan. “What are you going to do now?”

Jordan scoffed. “I don’t have a freaking idea.”

TELL HER! THAT’S WHAT YOU SHOULD DO! I shouted at him. OR NO, DON’T! You can’t confess to Georgie if you have a freaking girlfriend, you moron! Tata told me to shut up and just listen.

“Wait, but you do have a girlfriend, right?” Troy said in an accusing tone.

Jordan did not answer.

“That’s one of your problems,” Dean concluded, looking at Jordan.

At that moment, I felt sorry for the guy. He just met Troy and Dean five or so weeks ago and he confessed his heart out to them. Didn’t he have real friends to talk to? I figured not because here he was, looking like a lost boy that he was.

“You’re not going to tell her, right?” he asked, his face suddenly worried.

Both men shook their head as if Jordan asked a stupid question.

“But your biggest problem is George, right?” Dean continued.

Jordan chuckled bitterly. “She has a life of her own as you can see. She doesn’t want the life I live in. Her freedom means so much to her and I am not sure I can give her much of that if ever we end up together. I’ll hold on to her more than she would to me. She’ll feel smothered.”

“You don’t know that. No one knows what’s she’s thinking or feeling,” Troy said. “She’s always been private when it comes to those things. Hell, she might be cranky now because of you. And there’s always a compromise. You can live each other’s lives like you are doing now. You can work it out if you just TALK about it.”