Chapter 15

It was not like I sleep, okay? But I was not so pleased when Georgie started me up very early to go back to the apartment.

And I thought I knew the reason why.

She didn’t want to be there when Cassie came by for a visit.

She would not have cared a few weeks ago, right?

So why in a rush now, Georgie?

We arrived at the apartment before sunrise and I wished Jam was up to talk to Georgie and take her mind away from Jordan or her girlfriend. She should get a taste of what life should be like and it was a life with the boys, her friends, her work, Jam and me, of course.

Jordan could only hurt her. So, Georgie, please don’t fall for that guy.

*****

When George entered the apartment, she almost yelped in surprise when she saw Dean and Troy sprawled asleep on the carpet.

She sighed and went toward them. She lightly kicked Dean and he groaned.

“Hey, scoot,” she ordered.

“Hmmm…” Dean said, turning his head on the throw pillow.

“Dean, move,” she said, pushing harder with her bare foot.

The guy opened one eye and he frowned. “George? What are you doing here?” Beside him, Troy moved but did not wake up.

“This is my apartment too, in case you forgot. And as far as I know, you have your own house to sleep to.”

“What time is it?” Dean asked grumpily, moving on his back to blankly stare at the ceiling.

George checked her watch. “Four AM.”

“Why did you go home early?”

“None of your business,” she snapped, dropping on the carpet beside him.

“Jackie’s too drunk last night and I had to clean up after her. I was too tired after washing the bathroom so I slept here.”

She threw Troy a look. “How about him?”

“I don’t know. Said he was too sleepy to go home.”

George sighed. “Go back to sleep.”

Dean returned her sigh. “I wish I can. Once I wake up, I stay awake. You know it’s the weekend, right? It’s our only time to sleep until the middle of the day and you woke me up. What’s bothering you?”

“Nothing’s bothering me. Don’t start being a shrink.”

Dean rolled his eyes toward her. “Come on, George. You could have gone to your room. Instead, you woke me up.”

“The carpet’s more comfortable,” she muttered.

Dean chuckled. “Lame excuse. Why did you go home so early?”

“You won’t drop it, will you?”

“No, not really. I have a lot of hours to spare urging you to tell me.”

She sighed. “It’s nothing. Jordan’s girlfriend is coming home for the weekend and she’s going straight to his place.”

He took a deep breath and sighed heavily. “Okay.”

George scoffed. “That’s all you’re going to say?”

“I know you are not up for a real talk right now, George. And I don’t want to pry on your feelings or whatever. You can sort it out on your own.”