Chapter 17

We barely recognized them when they came back.

They looked…horrible. Muddy, weary kind of horrible.

Especially Jackie. Her hair was in disarray and Dean was carrying her bag. She looked like she was about to fall any moment now.

Well, did you enjoy it though? I asked them.

Naturally, no one answered as they walked past us.

Georgie was not looking good because she was tired. She was not looking good because she looked confused and bothered.

And the same look was painted on Jordan.

Beatle, buddy, what do you think happened up there? I asked.

Beatle said he had seen that look many times on Dean when he was still figuring out his feelings for Jackie months ago.

And my bumpers almost gave out. My tires almost went flat.

Are you telling me that Jordan is in that same situation?

He said maybe.

No, no…He has a freaking girlfriend. She’s going to make a scene if something happens between Jordan and Georgie. This is why two people from different sex should not be living together unless in a relationship! It is bound to get dirty!

Jam looked like he had fun. Did he have fun because of the hike or he because of Georgie? I was hoping for the latter because it would mean Georgie might have spent more time with him.

Oh, this is freaking confusing.

What the hell happened up there, guys?!

*****

“Why are you so silent?” Jam asked Georgie on our drive back to Bacolod.

She seemed distracted when she said, “Nothing.”

Jam laughed. “That did not really answer my question.”

Oh, Georgie…what’s bothering you, dude?

“Did you have a fight with Jordan while we were gone? You have not been talking when we arrived. And not when we were on our hike back down.”

“Yeah, something like that,” she answered. “Let’s not talk about that. He’s not worth it.”

I did not believe that.

I DON’T BELIEVE YOU, GEORGIE!

Something else happened there. I knew it. But what?

*****

Dannie was not looking good either when we arrived.

The reason being was that Troy was still with her.

What news do you have for me, Tata? I asked my friend.

She told me that she and Troy spent the night there because Troy would not leave Dannie alone knowing she was on her own.

Oh, how sweet of him, I said sarcastically. I bet he gave her hell, right?

As much as I wanted to know what Troy and Dannie had been up to, I was more concerned about Georgie. She was not like Jackie who would talk her heart out to me. I would never find out what she was thinking or feeling because she kept it all to herself.

I’d have to figure out what was happening.

Vicky and Tata told me that I could not do anything about anything I’d find out because no one, except them, could hear me anyway.