[ eight ]

[ eight ] 

On Saturday, Luca wasn't feeling very well. She couldn't determine what it was exactly, perhaps it was the weather that was making her feel particularly gloomy, but she just wanted to stay home all day. Plus, reading "Fangirl" for two days straight, albeit putting Luca in a bit of a romantic mood, had been getting a little repetitive.

Nevertheless, something told her that she should go to the library that day (just like something in the back of her mind told her every day), and so she sucked it up and drove.

As she entered the building, she made a point of not looking at the table in the corner and instead walked straight to the front desk, where Mrs. Irwin was typing something on her ancient computer. She looked up as Luca walked towards her.

"Any new shipments yet, Mrs. Irwin?" Luca asked somewhat desperately, putting "Fangirl" on the desk as she spoke, the thanks implied.

Mrs. Irwin's expression softened as she put the book in the "returns" cart. "No, sorry dear. I told you already we have no new shipments until next week."

Luca sighed, not sure what she was expecting.

"But there's something on the table for you."

Luca slowly turned to face the table as Mrs. Irwin distracted herself with putting the only book that was even on the "returns" cart back on the shelves.

Luca felt her heart drop into her stomach as she saw that Ashton wasn't there, and all that was there was a book that looked very familiar.

She walked up to the table and looked at the book. Why was that there for her?

Then, she saw the note and read it sadly as Mrs. Irwin looked on from behind the shelves. She remembered when she was young and in love like these two teenagers were.

- 

IM SO FUCKING MAD I HAD EVERYTHING SAVED AND LONG STORY SHORT THE CHAPTER WAS DELETED AND I HAD TO REWRITE IT AND NOW IT'S COMPLETE SHIT THX WATTPAD

dedicated to @kyylewis bc i met her at the 1d movie and shes chill af