[ seven ]

[ seven ] 

Ashton walked into the library the next day - Friday - nose stuck in a book. By his expression, Mrs. Irwin guessed he was getting to the end.

He finished the book just as he got to the desk in the front. His mood quickly changed as he looked immediately over to the table and saw that the usually occupied seat was this time empty.

He looked at Mrs. Irwin in concern and was met by mirroring emotions.

"I think she just took a sick day, Ashton, dear, don't worry too much," she tried to reassure him.

"Mum had guests yesterday and she asked me to go and that's why I didn't come yesterday - why didn't you tell her that?" Ashton asked in a quiet fury, although he wasn't sure why he was furious.

"I'm sorry, why don't you call her?" Mrs. Irwin asked desperately.

Ashton put his head in his hands. "I never asked for her number because I leave in two days."

Mrs. Irwin sighed, feeling sorry for the two teenagers but at a loss for words of wisdom.

Ashton angrily took a pen and small slip of paper from the reference desk and wrote something down. He slammed the paper, along with the book he had been reading, on the desk and muttered, "Give it to her when you see her." After he gave his grandmother a kiss, he left the building.

Mrs. Irwin gazed at the cover of the book and saw that the title read: All about Salamanders. She moved it aside to read the note. On it was Ashton's phone number.

Underneath the phone number, Ashton's loopy handwriting read:

Guess you're right. They're not lizards. 

THE PICTURE TO THE SIDE MAKES ME SO HAPPY OK BYE (zayn looks like an italian model its not fair why cant i be as pretty as him)