[ two ]

[ two ] 

Luca drove the familiar route to the library right after school on Monday, only this time stopping for In&Out. She thought she might as well stall a little bit, not really in the mood that day for Mrs. Irwin's usual grandchild- and you-should-meet-Ashton-talk.

At the same time, Mrs. Irwin provided a sense of comfort for her, that she may have needed on that particular day.

That day, she had tripped while playing football during PE and scraped her knee, spilled some coffee on one of her favourite sweaters, broken a few of the bristles of her hairbrush on the mangled nest set atop her head, and to top it all off, her computer had crashed in study hall while she had just about finished her English essay.

Needless to say, she wasn't in a good mood. Although, she hardly ever was in a good mood these days. She blamed it on hormones, just like most adults did.

At one point, she contemplated whether or not she should even go to the library today, but then shoved the thought aside, thinking of how Mrs. Irwin would feel. Besides, the book she had been reading was really good, and she hadn't checked it out - just like usual - knowing that she spent more of her time at the library than at home or anywhere else.

So she made up her mind after eating her burger and drove to the library, albeit a bit reluctantly.

-

"Hi, Mrs. Irwin." Luca smiled, but it felt like more of a grimace.

"Oh, hi, dear. Look at - oh my! What's happened, dear?" Mrs. Irwin held her hand over her mouth as she finally took a good look at the girl.

They usually didn't need to whisper in the library; there was no one ever in there anyways.

This time Luca actually meant to grimace. "Bad day," she stated.

Mrs. Irwin looked at her in concern, but didn't dismiss her to go read her books like usual.

"Is there something you wanted to show me, Mrs. Irwin? A new book?" Luca's eyes started shining with excitement, and the first real smile that day graced her face.

Mrs. Irwin gave her a knowing smile. "Unfortunately not today, love. But we'll be getting the shipment of new books next week or so."

Luca's eyes saddened a bit but she said nothing and just looked at Mrs. Irwin in curiosity, wondering why she was keeping Luca. Being tired from the whole day, Luca decided to sit on one of the two stools in front of Mrs. Irwin's reference librarian desk and wait for her to speak.

Mrs. Irwin continued, "As I was saying before you - um, well - as I was saying before," she ammended, "look at who has come to visit for a week!"

Based on Mrs. Irwin's tone of voice, Luca expected someone to appear in midair. Mrs. Irwin, a bit disgruntled that the whole show was for nothing, looked around, then called, "Ashton, are you here, love?"

Luca's eyes widened, aware that this was the acclaimed Ashton Irwin - acclaimed more by Mrs. Irwin herself than any tabloids - and also very aware that she looked like shit.

She hardly minded that he was famous or that he was a guy - she just hated looking unpresentable, especially when making first impressions.

He hardly seemed to care, and he came up to her with a smile. "Hi, I'm Ashton."

She grimaced once more. "Yeah, I know. Luca."

oh gosh I just love luca already.

OK THE NEW WATTPAD UPDATE MAKES MY PROFILE LOOK LIKE SHIT AND I WANT TO CHANGE IT BACK AND I ASKED WATTPAD AND THEY HAVENT REPLIED AND IM SORRY IT JUST LOOKS GROSS AND I HATE IT

AND CRISTIANO LEFT REAL MADRID AND IM CRYING HOW COULD HE GO BACK TO MAN U

ashley x