[ nine ]

[ nine ] 

After reading the note, Luca dropped her stuff at the table that same Saturday, wanting desperately to just leave, but knowing that she would be driven mad without another book to read.

She looked at the bookshelves, trying to decide whether to turn left, into the nonfiction side, where she was truly yearning to go, or right, into the fiction side, where her heart desperately called her towards.

She turned right and told herself that she'd have to do it one day.

As she walked into the row of bookshelves, her eyes watered with emotion that she didn't quite realize she held.

She sniffed and Ashton immediately got up and turned towards her, eyes widening as he saw her face. "Hey, why are you crying?"

She hiccoughed a sob. "I - nothing it was stupid," she waved it away, not wanting to sound desperate and say that she had missed him.

"Listen, I'm really sorry about Thursday. Mum had guests over and she needed me at the house. I felt really bad about it."

She sniffed the last of her stupid feelings and said it was no big deal, even though she knew it was. She almost grimaced, but stopped herself and gave a watery smile instead.

"There we go!" said Ashton, smiling with those chipmunk teeth that Luca hadn't realized she had missed so much. "You look lovely."

He wiped away the tears and hugged Luca, and she let him.

Both of them stood in the embrace in the fiction section, the calander next to their heads reminding them of the short time they had left together before Ashton had to leave.

- 

this story is such shit im