[ six ]

[ six ] 

Luca sat, drowsily, as it was 9 at night and she was still at the library. One hand was supporting her face and the other was propping up her book. It was a fiction this time.

She wasn't sure why she was still there; she could have gotten up at any point and gone home. But nonetheless, there she was, reading a story called "Fangirl" by Rainbow Rowell.

Some hidden part of her that she hadn't realized had been there before was wondering where Ashton was. This was the first day that he hadn't appeared. Of course, he had to spend time with his family as well, she knew that.

Mrs. Irwin, whom Luca hadn't realized had completely packed up to go home, walked over to her with her purse over her shoulder. "You wanna get your stuff together and leave with me, love, or should I leave the key for you to lock up?"

Luca, being a little caught off guard at the trust Mrs. Irwin had in her, just got up and said breezily, "No, I'm coming." She almost grimaced again but stopped herself.

"Can I check out this book, though?" Luca asked when she had packed everything into her backpack and Fangirl was the only thing left on the table.

Mrs. Irwin looked at her in surprise, since she never checked anything out, but nodded her head nevertheless. "You don't need to check it out, dear. I trust you, and you'll probably have read it three times by tomorrow."

Luca noticed that Mrs. Irwin had left a hidden assumption in the sentence that Luca was going to be at the library tomorrow.

But Luca was feeling a bit sick and wasn't sure she would go tomorrow.

She waved Mrs. Irwin goodbye as the library was locked up, hugging the book to her chest. She wasn't used to walking to her car alone, as these past days Ashton had walked her. She had deliberately parked far away so that they could sneak in a few more minutes of talking before she had to leave.

All the while that she walked to her car, Luca's phone had been set to dial 911 and her finger hovered over the call button.

-

serious props if u got the reference

WHO SAW HARRYS BRAIDS I COULDNT BREATHE

basically i love lily bc shes one of the best friends ive ever had and she wont go shopping with me so i dedicated it to her ????¿¿

ashley x