[ five ]

[ five ] 

After a night of serious thinking, Luca went to the library after school the next day, Wednesday, with a purpose.

"Ashton?" she asked timidly, when the time came.

"Hm?" he looked up from the book he was now reading, The Fault In Our Stars.

"When have you ever seen my smile?"

He furrowed his eyebrows, not understanding her.

"Yesterday you said," she elaborated, "that you liked my smile. But I don't think I've smiled at you."

Ashton smiled at her, this time not revealing his teeth. "You smile a lot more than you think, like when you're reading a book, even when it's just a boring old nonfiction about lizards."

This made Luca wonder if Ashton had really been staring at her the past two days, or if he was just making that up. "Salamanders aren't lizards. They're amphibians, and they certainly don't have scales," she said simply.

Ashton chuckled. "Oh, alright, you know-it-all."

For one of the very first times, Luca consciously smiled. (Mrs. Irwin, sitting at the librarian's desk and watching the two, made sure to keep her jaw from reaching the floor.) "Just because I know everything, Ashton."

As Luca went back to her book, Ashton pretended to be reading about Hazel Grace, when in fact he was admiring Luca Claire's smile again. "Not everything," he whispered.

- 

IM CRYING AND I JUST FINISHED WATCHING CLUELESS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND GOD DAMMIT PAUL RUDD DO U HAVE TO MAKE MY HEART FEEL THAT WAY

i was just at the mall and there were drunk spanish people and i was so happy i made a moose noise and said i loved them in a rlly quiet voice i dont think they heard me lol but one of them was wearing a barca jersey from like 2010 and i was like rePRESENT