Chapter 17: The Battle (part 1)

"We'll fucking see about that," I growl. I fly up, readying to use my right foot to kick Yuna until Kakarot blocks my path.

"Kakarot! Move out of the way!" I scold. 

The third-class narrows his eyes at me, crossing his arms. "I will handle this. You need to get Bulma and the others out of here. It's too dangerous for them."

I feel a tug on my shirt, causing me to look down at the woman. Bulma smiles tiredly at me before she speaks.

"He's right. I know you want your revenge, but Krillin and Chaotzu need medical attention. Goku can teleport to us once he's done."

I grimace at the suggestion, yet I nod my head in agreement. I glance at Kakarot before turning away from him.

"You better be alive after this," I grunt. 

I gesture to the others as we all make our way to Kibito. Piccolo flies closer to me as he tightens his hold on Krillin. 

"Are you sure it's wise to leave Goku by himself? I know he's a super saiyan, but the enemy is really powerful," the Green One comments. 

"There is no right or wrong answer. Kakarot can teleport out of there anytime," I reply. I'm met with silence once more.

It isn't long until we finally reach Kibito who is standing casually next to his cube. The pink-skinned man stares at us in concern as soon as we land in front of him.

"What happened? Where is Goku?" he questions.

I shake my head. "There's not much time left. Bulma planted a bomb on this planet which will go off soon. Kakarot is currently fighting the enemy so that we can give these two idiots some medical attention. We need to get going now."

"A bomb!?" Tien yells in surprise. Bulma smirks at his reaction.

"Very well," Kibito says. He signals to the cube with his hand. "It's ready when you are."

Tien and Piccolo step inside and place Krillin and Chaotzu into the cube. I am about to enter as well until Bulma squirms out of my grasp. The Woman carefully plants her feet upon the ground while she uses my shoulders to regain her balance.

"I can't leave yet Vegeta. I still need to save Yamcha," she states with a firm resolve.

As much as I admire her boldness, it does not change the fact that she is a weak Earthling who could die in an instant if I'm not careful.

"Woman," I start. "Now is not the time. Get inside the cube before I blast you. I'll save that pathetic half-wit myself if it makes you feel any better."

Bulma turns her nose up, reaching into her pocket. She cracks a giggle before she extracts a capsule labeled B010. 

"It's my lucky day! I've always wanted to use this bad boy!" 

"What!? No, Woman! Stop messing around!"

Bulma throws the capsule next to us, causing dust and debris to spew from a crater that formed on the ground. She extends her arm in order to grab a giant assault rifle before hoisting it over her shoulder.

I can't help but smile when I see the Woman grinning at me as she loads some bullets into the weapon. This time I'm now the one to rip a laugh.

"You can't be serious," I mutter more to myself.

Bulma's grin morphs into a scowl as she tightens the scope. "Ugh I was trying to impress you but whatever! Let's go Vegeta!"

Tien and Piccolo make their way over to us. Tien shakes his head and faces Bulma after having observed the scene.

"It's still too dangerous for you. Yamcha is still too powerful," he tries to reason.

"I never said that I was going to use it on Yamcha," Bulma retorts. "I'm going to kill that bitch for everything she's done! Vegeta! Let's go!"

I wrap one arm around the Woman and then take off into the air. Bulma tests out a laser that emits for a second from the gun. 

"Alright. I'm ready for battle. Who should we target first?" she asks. 

"Yuna. She has control over Yamcha's body. If she's down, then Kakarot would be able to subdue the moron."

Bulma nods. "I was thinking the same thing. Can you cover me and I'll back you up?"

"Of course Woman." We finally land about a thousand feet away from where Kakarot is still fighting Yamcha. A growl erupts from my throat when I see the blonde locks of Kakarot's hair flowing effortlessly as he gracefully blocks and dodges Yamcha's attacks.

"Vegeta! Quit staring! She's coming this way!" Bulma shrieks.

As soon as I swivel my head to look for Yuna, I feel something fly through my shoulder. I snarl from the instant pain once I notice that it is now bleeding. I look to my right and see Yuna laughing at my newfound injury as dozens of spears float around her.

Apparently Yuna became too cocky because the sound of a gun fires off, and I see a couple of bullets fly through Yuna's neck. The evil queen coughs out wads of blood in horror as she collapses to the ground onto her knees while clutching her neck.

"Dammit I missed!" Bulma complains. She reloads the gun before she points the laser directly at Yuna's heart.

Yuna finally realizes what is now going on as her eyes plead to me in fear. "Vegeta please! I-I'm sorry! I only did all this so that we can be together again! Please don't let her do this!"

"Yuna . . ," I trail off.

Bulma snorts as she stands beside me. "Don't listen to this bitch. She hurt a lot of people. I wouldn't be surprised if she lied and actually killed her own race."

The Woman releases a single shot. I watch as the bullet zooms into the air. It is only a few feet from reaching Yuna until Yamcha sweeps in and smacks the bullet out of hindsight. 

Bulma gutters out a choked cry of rage. "What!?"

"Amendial?" Yuna inquires. She takes the hand that is extended to her and stands up. I frown when I see the wounds on her neck have already healed. 

"Are you alright, my love?" he asks. It may be Yamcha's voice, but we all know that it really isn't him. 

"I-I'm fine. Why would you save me? I have hurt you," she admits sheepishly.

"It's obvious, isn't it? I love you Yuna. We both made mistakes, but that never changed the way I feel about you. I've told you many times that this disgraceful prince doesn't deserve you. I do. And I'll do anything to make you happy."

Amendial leans in and kisses Yuna. Yuna freezes for a few seconds until she finally melts into his embrace. Bulma sneers from seeing the action as she holds one of my hands with her free one.

"Yamcha and I have broken up, but it still hurts me to see him kissing someone else," she states.

"You know that isn't your pathetic boyfriend right?" 

"Yeah, I know."

I quickly press my lips against Bulma's cheek, making the Woman's face turn crimson. 

"And besides," I say. "I'm a way better kisser."

----------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys! Sorry for being out of commission for a while. This heat has been making me sick and lethargic, so I found it hard to work. The good news is that this story is getting closer to the end, and I have ideas for a new book to write. So I'm very excited about that!

If you have enjoyed this chapter, give it a vote and comment if you like anything. I'll see you next week when I post the next chapter! Happy Saturday! 💜