Chapter 11: New friends and New Feelings

I honestly cannot fucking believe I am about to do this.

This damn planet is making me soft.

I inhale a deep breath before my knuckles knock harshly against the door of Kame House. The once chattery voices inside immediately become silent.

I roll my eyes as soon as the door opens to a very ecstatic Kakarot beaming in his usual joy. A little vomit rises in the back of my throat when he pulls me in for a giant hug.

"Awww how is my Best Buddy doing? It's always nice to see you Vegeta," Kakarot chirps.

I grunt. "Wish I could say the same. I don't like being touched Kakarot."

"Then why aren't you pushing me away right now?" he sassily replies.

After I shut the door, Kakarot eagerly leads me toward the living room.

This isn't my first time going to Kame House. However, this is the first time I'm going here for a social visit.

Little Baldie, that fat pig, and the pervy old man all gasp in surprise once they see me walk into the room. Meanwhile Big Baldie, his pet, the Green One, and the turtle only stare at me curiously. A smug grin makes it way onto my lips.

They obviously sensed that it was me before I even arrived at the island, yet I can still cause at least some of these pathetic earthlings to shit themselves.

I take a seat next to Kakarot on the couch while the tension and discomfort thickens the air.

The Green One casually sits down next to me and sips from a glass of water. I toss him a glare while he stares down at me stoically.

"Are you okay Vegeta?" he asks.

I nearly flinch from his unexpected question. "Wh-What?"

The Green One chuckles lightly. "I know that you've been having trouble with Bulma lately, so I figured that's why you're here. Bulma can be a bit much, but she means well. It took me a while to get used to her and the others too."

"What do you mean it took you a while? Did you hate the earthlings too?" I inquire.

Piccolo moves his gaze toward the others who are talking and playing some kind of board game upon the coffee table.

"I wouldn't exactly say that I've ever hated the earthlings. But there was a time when I wanted to kill everyone. Especially after my father died. My father wasn't a good man," he confesses.

He takes a deep breath and gestures to an unaware Kakarot with his head. "Goku actually killed my father when he was just a kid. I'm not angry at him for what he did because he was protecting the Earth. The reason why I was born is because my father wanted me to carry out his evil plans of enslaving and murdering everyone in the universe."

"I don't understand something," I say. "Namekians are supposed to be a peaceful species. What caused your father to want vengeance?"

Piccolo grimaces and downs the rest of his water. "My father is the evil half of Kami. Kami was the previous guardian of Earth before Dende. Kami wanted to be free from sin and become a god, so he separated his soul into 2 halves. He ruled as his benevolent self while he cast away the evil. The evil energy manifested into a physical form and then created my father."

"Hmm I see. If it helps, you're nothing like your father. At one time, you truly wanted to destroy this planet. And you didn't."

Piccolo's eyes raise slightly at my words, and he gives me a small smile. "Thanks. I'm starting to see why Bulma likes you."