Ch. 13 Love & Hate

The first thing Song saw as she was carried into the ship was none other than Optimus Prime. He was clearly injured, and lied on the floor crumpled and tangled in a much larger net than her own.

"Optimus!" She cried in fear. The Prime was then pulled from the net and dragged away by a strange and rather creepy looking set of robots.

"Take that human to the trash!" Lockdown ordered. "And this one! Lock her away!"

At first, Song was confused at to who he'd first referred to. Then, she spotted Tessa stuck inside a broken van. Why had she been captured?

Song struggled in the ropes that held her against her will. She was passed off from Lockdown to a pair of guards, who took her the the Cell Block area of the ship. Removing her from her net, they carelessly tossed her into a metal crate, slamming the door shut and locking it.

Song slinked back into the corner of the cage as a series of snarls and groans erupted from other alien prisoners around her. She was alone and helpless, all over again.

Meanwhile, the Autobots, Shane, and Cade had made a mad dash into the city towards Lockdown's ship.

Crosshairs, now back online, stood alongside his companions, examining the ship, "This ain't gonna be easy," he sighed.

"Come on, come on!" Cade shouted as he, Shane, and Bumblebee leapt onto the ship.

"It's a bad idea," Hound grunted, "but I'm all about bad ideas! Lets go!"

"Well," Crosshairs shrugged, "let's rock." He hurtled the space between the land and the ship, before effortlessly scaling upwards.

Inside the dark and mysterious spaceship, the group collectivly began to look around caustiously for any immediate signs of danger.

Drift walked ahead, "We must be quick, we have the element of surprise. Let's try to use violence as a last resort." Suddenly, out of nowhere, an alien jumped out to attack him. Drift viciously fought back, repeatedly stabbing it with his sword.

"Ah! Get it!" Crosshairs shouted.

"I kill you! Kill you!"

"Euugh! I hate those things!"

"It is not alive anymore."

Crosshairs started walking towards the Cell Block, no doubt where smaller prisoners such as Song would be held, "Welp, good luck. I'm going off to get Soundbreaker, and then I'm outta 'ere."

"What? Hey, none of us are leaving until we have Tessa! You've gotta help us!" Cade yelled to him.

Crosshairs turned to the human in anger, jabbing a digit at him, "Yeah? Well, I'm unclear. What's in it for me?"

"What's in it for you?!" Cade shouted in disbelief of the Autobot's arrogant words.

"No offense, Cade, but I don't care about your daughter. I'm retrieving my friend, and that's it."

Hound stepped forward furiously, pressing a gun to Crosshairs' head.

Crosshairs growled and put his hands up in surrender, "Easy. Let's use words..."

Hound sneered at him, "What's in it for you is I don't kill you! We're getting the boss back, and both the girls. And you're gonna stay here and help."

"Okay, okay. Very persuasive. Textbook machismo. Well, then. We'll need to sabotage something..."

"Better hurry," Drift warned the group, "because dark-matter drives are preparing to take off."